I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Joao "can't think of a fancy thread name" of Persia. yuris125 & Commodore

Hmm, that's an interesting idea! I forgot spies can be used for espionage (rather than to be banned lol)

Let's come back to it when BW is close to being researched, we will have a tech choice there in any case (AH or Wheel-Pottery), may as well through Masonry into the mix

T5

"Look! Fish!"
"Can we eat it?"

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0385.JPG]

So, what do we do with the hut? Scout can go and pop it, but by doing so we sacrifice 10 turns of scouting. And we don't really need any techs urgently. Yes, it would be nice to pop BW, but we will be quite good self-researching it. And the chance of popping BW is not that high. I think we should leave this hut alone for now

I would park the Warrior somewhere south of the city (on the desert hill next to the lake maybe?) for fogbusting, and let the Scout do his job. At some point we will send a scout along the coast to search for more seafood, we can pop the hut then

yuris125 Wrote:I would park the Warrior somewhere south of the city (on the desert hill next to the lake maybe?) for fogbusting, and let the Scout do his job. At some point we will send a scout along the coast to search for more seafood, we can pop the hut then

Seems reasonably reasonable to me. Certainly, we want to push out for contacts, although with 18 players the known bonus will be low.

First city either on stone or 1S? Nice spot, particularly the 1S one working three mines and the quarry along with fish and sheep...16hpt, meaning 3t workers and ~4t settlers if we get it humming, and lots of whipping before that.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

1S I would say. With no free culture, the spot on the stone doesn't have any food

Here's the initial dotmap

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0385.JPG]

yuris125 Wrote:1S I would say. With no free culture, the spot on the stone doesn't have any food

Aaaand normal speed strikes again. Only reason I considered on stone was that capital border pop gets the sheep, but that's not until turn fifty here.

Actually, with stone, sheep, it's a fine first city even before border pop. Obviously if 'henge is available once we get the stone hooked up, we should chop it out (3 chops) fast...but it occurs to me, valuable as Great Spies will be, if 'henge is gone popping borders by chopping in the Great Wall might also be a valid plan.

Red->Blue->something should be the order, methinks.

Commodore Wrote:Red->Blue->something should be the order, methinks.

It's totally orange.
And on the sixth day, god created Manchester.

[SIZE="1"]Played: PBEM13 (China), PBEM17 (India)
Helping out: PBEM23 (Egypt)
Dedlurked: PBEM15 (Ottomans)
Globally lurking: more or less everything else[/SIZE]

Agreed, Orange first, unless we find something totally awesome in the south. I would love to expand to the south, but there is just no food there! Founding 4 cities, then expanding with Immortals could be the right course of actions

Not totally sold on Stonehenge. With so many sheep and not enough grain around, we probably will have to ditch the idea of getting Pottery before AH. So AH after BW, then if we want Stonehenge, we have to get Masonry and Mysticism. Delaying Granaries this much, especially as an Exp leader, doesn't feel right

Moved the units, but didn't uncover much, certainly nothing of interest, so no screenshot for T6

That won't fly.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0151.JPG]

Agree with 'henge being a post-Pottery idea.

T7

Beware of bears

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0386.JPG]

Note that the tile W of the peak is water (and the peak is not shown as "fresh water" - not sure if this is displayed for impassable terrain). How are we connected to others??

Plako's score increased by 2. Is it a pop increase? Is he the only one to NOT go Worker first?

yuris125 Wrote:Note that the tile W of the peak is water (and the peak is not shown as "fresh water" - not sure if this is displayed for impassable terrain). How are we connected to others??

Okay, another band name to consider is "Lonely Island". I've seen Pangaea throw the occasional island, but this is a really big and weird-shaped example if it is one. I suppose there could be something to link us NW of the peak or SE in the fog, but that's a weird script if so.