I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Joao "can't think of a fancy thread name" of Persia. yuris125 & Commodore

T8

Lonely island you say? Well it's either that, or a long narrow landbridge to the rest of the world

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0387.JPG]

Normally I would've been happy about an isolated start in an always war game. But man, where are food resources??

You're in New Zeeland! Just you on an island with 3x more sheep than people. lol

fluffyflyingpig Wrote:You're in New Zeeland! Just you on an island with 3x more sheep than people. lol

Brilliant!! lol

Are there crabs in New Zealand?

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0388.JPG]

Random thoughts:

1. We should go Blue dot before Orange. Very simple reason: according to my earlier calculations, the Settler pops out T31, and can found either city on T34. AH doesn't come in until T37, so Orange dot doesn't have a good tile to work for 7 turns (3 turns until the tech comes and 4 turns to build a pasture. Ok, 2 turns if both Workers work on it. Still long). Blue dot has a food resource available immediately (shared with the capital), and gets its own food earlier

2. According to what Seven posted today re huts, we could've popped it with the Warrior...

T10

And our neighbour is....

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0389.JPG]

Meiz

Didn't like the colour of his borders, so declared war on him

Also, our Warrior uncovered the fogged tile we had in the middle of our land, and found a hut there

1. Do we continue to explore with the Scout? If he ends up next to Meiz's Warrior, he's dead. And he can't capture cities. I would prefer to turn around and scout the rest of our peninsula
2. Do we send a Warrior into Meiz's land, or do we block the choke and sit there? I'm reluctant to send a Warrior there: with the Worker-Worker-Settler opening, we won't have another one for good 20 turns. Pity that the choke isn't forested, but a fortified Warrior takes out an unpromoted Warrior easily. I think I prefer the blocking option
3. If we go for blocking, which choke do we block? The tile right next to Meiz's borders is a choke too. It's more risky though, simply because our Warrior will be more annoying there, and he might build another Warrior to deal with it. 2 Warriors will take out a fortified Warrior on non-defensive terrain. I prefer the more remote choke
4. Do we pop the hut with the Warrior, or wait for the Scout? According to Seven, it's safe to pop it with the Warrior, so he should probably do it on the way to the choke

OK, after looking at the map for an extra minute, I realised that the tile 1S of the peak is a choke as well. That should be the blocking point

Also, scratch Warrior popping the hut. I'm having difficulties calculating whether it is in the "7th ring" of the capital, and the Scout will pop it just 1 turn later if he goes back. I think it's better to be safe and wait for the Scout

Yay triple-post!

Once we settle the first cities, I wouldn't mind taking a few Immortals Meiz's way. I would hate him coming our way with Ballista Elephants

Remoter choke sounds good, but that means we'll want AH right after BW...we'll need to get horses online fast if we want to dance.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

AH after BW is kinda necessary. Even if we settle Blue dot first, we want Orange relatively quickly, probably chopping out a Settler at size 2. And we need AH done by that time. I'll sit with a calculator to figure out the best order, but I'm certain we can't go Pottery before AH

This turn (T11) was quiet, no new map info, no nothing. Scout moving back, Warrior moving to the choke point. The next turn is expected to be more of the same

I need to sit down and figure out a micro plan for the build order and Worker movements, will try to get to it tomorrow. I'm not very happy about the currently planned 24h overflow from the Settler, maybe it can be optimised to get a Warrior out without delaying a Settler