Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Joao "can't think of a fancy thread name" of Persia. yuris125 & Commodore

T13

Still no food in sight

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0399.JPG]

The latest estimate is that we will be able to start the first chop on T25, coming in on T27, right as the second Worker finishes. Then, accounting for Worker turns lost due to movement onto forest, both Workers start chops on T29, coming in T31, and the Settler getting out on T32. This means that the first Worker will have one idle turn, but I don't think we can do anything about it, he won't be able to do anything useful that turn and still be in position to start a chop as soon as BW is in. Here is a map of Worker movements, with a slight mistake that it doesn't account for the lost Worker turns after the first chop, so read T29-T31 instead of T28-T30 in both cases

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0400.JPG]

Commodore, you want to pop the hut and tell me what there is? I'm aching to know smile

yuris125 Wrote:Commodore, you want to pop the hut and tell me what there is? I'm aching to know smile

Sorry man, at work. I can pop out sometimes to check a save but not such luck with logging onto the server.

In general, what's the objection to having 24 hammers of overflow? It gets knocked down a bit, so either a warrior or a worker is fine to dump it into. There's enough forest around that we could basically use a pair of full-time lumberjacks.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Ah, didn't realise work day already started for you... have to be patient for another 3 hours then smile

I don't exactly object to a 24h overflow, I'm just nervous about getting a Warrior so late. With 3 chops giving 90/100 hammers required for a Settler, I thought we could somehow squeeze a Warrior out before the Settler. Doesn't look likely though, unless we work a 1/2/0 tile instead of 6/0/1 (no thank you)

T14

We're going to be major sheep exporters this game!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0401.JPG]

The hut provided the Scout with experience, so he will now move through woods like a boss

Alternate new theme suggestion: New Zealand. Or Scotland. Or Australia. Any barren island with more sheep than people, really. :neenernee
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

More sheep than people is definitely the theme of the game so far lol

T15

Looks like the Scout will need those newly acquired Woodsman skills immediately

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0402.JPG]

Worker done, started another

Comment: I used small New Zealand villages and towns as my city names in PBEM20. The theme gets quite boring, quite fast. Lots of W names.

That said, your land does look like it fits the bill for New Zealand. Or Wales.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

How about Gotland? (These are the names of the old parishes on the island.)

The theme is up to Commodore smile