Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Joao "can't think of a fancy thread name" of Persia. yuris125 & Commodore

T19

More tundra

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0404.JPG]

Holy crap. If I hear anyone ever burbling about how lucky we are to have all this land to ourselves, I will kill them. There are what, six viable cities to expand to counting the Youshallnot Pass?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

You got Joao, (mostly) uncontested land, and wet corn at the capital.

You know what has to be done.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Continue doing what we're doing, right? What about "thou shalt not found a city without a food resource"? I'm sure I heard it somewhere smile

Seriously though, I will uncover the last fogged tiles, pop the hut, then see if I can figure out a dotmap to maximise the land use. It is not very impressive, sure, but we will do the best we can with what we have

By the way, there are outlines of foreign lands across the sea north of Youshallnot Pass. If we decide our land is completely unworkable, and Meiz builds a ton of Spears in time, we can always go check if there is any unclaimed or Spearless land overseas

T20

Our Scout is going to die frown

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0405.JPG]

I can't bear to watch.
And on the sixth day, god created Manchester.

[SIZE="1"]Played: PBEM13 (China), PBEM17 (India)
Helping out: PBEM23 (Egypt)
Dedlurked: PBEM15 (Ottomans)
Globally lurking: more or less everything else[/SIZE]

spacemanmf Wrote:I can't bear to watch.

I see what you did there lol

T21

Wow, the Scout is a boss!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0406.JPG]

Sadly, he didn't follow it up with amazing discoveries: more of the same, desert hills with no special anythings

T22

Dotmapping time!

Solid circles are definite cities. Circles with non-solid fill and dashed borders are fillers, low priority and junk cities

North

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0407.JPG]

Blue - second city. One own food resource, one shared, could also have seafood. Not much production, apart from chops, but the fastest city we can get ready for whips

Orange - third city. I want it as early as possible after we get AH, it's the best expansion spot we have

Magenta - fourth city. Shares hills with the capital for production, has a food resource

Cyan - fifth city. Only two non-desert hills and a food resource which requires a border pop, but can be useful

Yellow - doesn't have much value unless there's seafood in the fog. But most of the tiles are food neutral, farmable post-Civil Service, so can be an okish commerce centre

Red - the only value of this city is to work cottages for the capital. The ultimate filler city

Brown - utter crap city, but with lighthoused lake and some farming can work some plains cottages

South

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0408.JPG]

Green - a good GP farm we discussed earlier

Grey - an okish spot, the best use of the southern coast I can think of

Also, we can found a city in Youshallnot Pass and on the cape to its north, but it's too far away for now

All in all, that's 7 okish to good cities (including the capital), one questionable (in the NE corner, depends if there is seafood) and two crappy. Also there is some plains/tundra in the east which is out of range, but I don't see even a slightly useful city there

Note that we don't have a single happiness resource, not even a post-Calendar one. This is going to be a big problem, and I think we will have to delegate it to the Immortals

T23

Not much is going to happen in the next few turns. Scout is going to finally pop the hut in the north, then heal, uncover the remaining fogged coastal tiles, and try to sneak past Meiz. Worker finished the farm and is getting ready to start chopping on T25

What are we going to tech after AH? The obvious choice is Wheel - Pottery; I feel Pottery is too important for an expansive leader, we have to get it before anything else. Other options worth considering are Masonry (for stone), Fishing (for fish and scouting Workboats), a religion