For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Four Score & Seven Dynasties Ago: Pindicator plays Lincoln of China

pindicator Wrote:Possibly later on. The problem us all those tiles havent forgotten the culture Moogle poored in with the cities of Void Rays and Proxy Pylon. So when Bunker Rush hit fourth ring culture this turn (yay timing on that :rolleyessmile he got thousands of dormant culture that his previous city had gotten. Yeah, thousands, because after the GA bomb i'm only at 44%.

I will be gaining ground on those near tiles-- i'm putting 60+cpt culture onto them each turn while Moogle is just doing his cpt worth

Hehe.. would you believe I actually constructed a Monument in Bunker Rush just to get the border expansion on that turn? Although I did that for the 60% defensive bonus mostly. GA bomb protection just turned out to be a very fortunate side-effect because I certainly wasn't expecting one.

pindicator Wrote:Edit: I lost control of that peak tile! rant

Ah ha! Succes!! lol
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

SleepingMoogle Wrote:Hehe.. would you believe I actually constructed a Monument in Bunker Rush just to get the border expansion on that turn? Although I did that for the 60% defensive bonus mostly. GA bomb protection just turned out to be a very fortunate side-effect because I certainly wasn't expecting one.

Foiled by your superior monument building strategy i see! lol
I started to think that i should have pushed in after i took the first cities and you used your initial cat attack on me. But you pretty much made advancing impossible once you built up to a dozen cats. Well defended
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

pindicator Wrote:At least he was nice enough to warn us. rolleye

I guess the only hope I have is if he is bluffing. Why would he be bluffing? To scare someone off while he completes it a few turns later. But that seems like a long shot, especially because if I was building HG myself I would try to pull out all stops first. (But HG typically gets 1- or 2-turned since it's an early and competitive wonder.) And I know next to nothing of Ichabod's personality. On the other hand, I am 8 turns away from Hanging Gardens. I could possibly speed that up a turn or two but I won't even have Math in 2 turns.

lol

That was one of the most random comments I've made in the tech thread. if I remember correctly, I didn't even have math yet, nor was I planning to get HG (I didn't have enough cities to make it worth). Regarding the bolded part, I guess you already realized that I was a big troll during all the game.

But it worked out fine for you in the end. You had more cities and benefited more. And now you won't fall for other trolls like me again. :neenernee

Ichabod Wrote:lol

That was one of the most random comments I've made in the tech thread. if I remember correctly, I didn't even have math yet, nor was I planning to get HG (I didn't have enough cities to make it worth). Regarding the bolded part, I guess you already realized that I was a big troll during all the game.

But it worked out fine for you in the end. You had more cities and benefited more. And now you won't fall for other trolls like me again. :neenernee

All the same, I bow to the superior diplomat that is Ichabod bow
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player