For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Four Score & Seven Dynasties Ago: Pindicator plays Lincoln of China

i tend to over extend and fill in support cities later - so I'd probably settle the horses directly - not the best idea in a AW i guess smile Looks like you have several of choices for expansion - that is a nice problem to have.
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

Turn 070

Barbarians are getting frisky. I had the axe take him out.

[Image: pb7-turn070-barbs.jpg]

A chop came in for Goomba this turn, which means next turn I have a pair of settlers that get to be 2-pop whipped. You can see my conga line of workers in place to road north for the horse city. Off camera there is a spear/axe combination guarding the site from barbarians / sunrises.

[Image: pb7-turn070-settlersready.jpg]

Demos: still doing well in pop, bad in gnp

[Image: pb7demos-turn070.jpg]

I am considering fitting in Archery before I start burning gold on Math. Depends how risky I want to play this.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

AutomatedTeller Wrote:At a guess, I'd say the x on the coast, providing support to your northern horse city.

The site south of Hammer Bros is the other possibility. But I'm guessing the coast.

Those were the top two spots I was considering, but I'm going to go with the site south of Hammer Bros. Maybe if I wasn't skipping Fishing for so long I'd be higher on the marble site, but since I am I don't want to settle 2 food-poor cities.

I probably settle the marble spot with the next settler after, for the exact reason of supporting my horse city. But I'm eyeing the east a bit too; grabbing the pig/rice. Or there is the the corn and flood plains farther north.

Lots of options! Nothing as nice as what ASM posted in the Diplo Thread, but we'll make do with what we got.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

[Image: 070708_birdo.jpg]

Turn 071

At the start of this turn, I had over 10% of the world's population. Second place was at 8%, and I was very happy. It wasn't meant to last, as this was a turn for whipping.

First in Goomba:
[Image: pb7-turn071-whippinggoomba.jpg]

Then in Piranha Plant:
[Image: pb7-turn071-whippingpiranha.jpg]

Here's our lands. I talked myself into a monument in Spiny. Now that I'm working the 2 cottaged floods plains and a wet rice, I might as well take the "free" whip (free as in happiness) and get the border pop going. I'm also getting a worker to chop into my new city's granary. The worker that just finished it's farm is probably going to go east next turn and chop into said granary as well.

[Image: pb7-turn071-mylands.jpg]

Next turn I'm turning on research again... I just can't decide if I want to do it for Math or for Archery.

Demos after the whipping
[Image: pb7demos-turn071.jpg]
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Injera, for some reason the picture isn't showing for me, but I can definitely name the next city after that character!
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

pindicator Wrote:Injera, for some reason the picture isn't showing for me, but I can definitely name the next city after that character!

Thanks! Do you have any plans for the using the marble?

Great Library would be awfully tempting, and with Marble it would only be 4 chops to complete with the doubler. And hey, I just happen to have 4 forests left at Piranha Plant...

But worst case it will help Heroic Epic and National Epic be built faster.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I'm going to give myself a moratorium on posting in the Diplo Thread before I get into a flame war with LP! bang

Just something about his attitude really gets to me. You know, if he just owned up to doing the cheesy little rule-bending shenanigans he does, and said "yeah I do that but I'll be the first to applaud someone else for being just as clever" I could respect that. But just as in pitboss 4, whenever someone else does something that he thinks is outside the lines its a travesty. The guy would make a great politician.

Maybe he sees it as our duty to call him on rules? Because if nobody is calling him on the rules than he didn't break them? "No blood no foul"? That is a big pet peeve of mine.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

More diplo thread quandries. What could ASM be thinking and why would he ask me to play around 5 or 6? He better not try any outside-the-thread diplo, but i think that rule has sunk in by now. Is he just trying to rile up Lord Parkin by insinuating wrong doing or mischeiviousness without doing anything?

Since we've been waiting for sunrise's turn to roll (PC troubles plus illness, I feel bad for that guy) i've been looking at Mathematics and Hanging Garden ETAs, and planning worker turns for the next 10-15t. Looks like I can just eek out Math by turn 81. Unless I decide to pick up Archery first, in which case we can add 2-3 turns to the estimate.

So if I go with this gungho crazy plan of building HG primarily for the GE points, then I need to get a settler going to claim the eastern stone. And workers to road that way. And military to defend it all. If I can grab the stone in time, I'll be able to 1-turn HG in the capital with whio overflow and 3 chops. Without the stone I will have to chop every forest out to the 3rd ring and even if i can time all 8 chops right I can only get a 2 turn build. So grabbing that stone is clearly worth it for HG, the question is just how to pull it off.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player