Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Four Score & Seven Dynasties Ago: Pindicator plays Lincoln of China

Have we got a Bullet Bill yet? That was always a personal fave.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

pindicator Wrote:How did they come up with that? Although I'm not sure piranhas are flowery so maybe its another enemy in the Mario universe. Something to look into

I've learned to stop asking those questions lol

http://www.mariowiki.com/Piranha_Plant

It's definitely this - the SuperMario64 version.

Gaspar Wrote:Have we got a Bullet Bill yet? That was always a personal fave.

Bullet Bill is high on my personal list too. In fact, I think I was going to name Birdo that until I got the lurker request. See, lurkers? I'm putting your needs first. You're welcome.

regoarrarr Wrote:I've learned to stop asking those questions lol

http://www.mariowiki.com/Piranha_Plant

It's definitely this - the SuperMario64 version.

I think we'll have to fit this in somehow. Maybe rename Piranha for a bit later on in the game? It's too good to pass up.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Some of the other bosses from Super Mario Galaxy (and SMG2), which are the ones that we play mostly

* Dino Pirahna (and then Fiery Dino Pirahna)
* Major Burrows
* King Kaliente
* Bouldergeist

Then my daughter has named each of the different "mini" Bowsers, and we also have different names for the different color Toads (yellow one is I believe "Toad's Father", blue one is "Toad's Mother", etc)

So I thought about posting something tongue-in-cheek in the diplo thread about how mackseven & commxenu not wanting the first to blink and end turn... But the thing is I plan on sitting on the turn like this next turn. Possibly. I may decide 'what the hell' and just go through with it. But assuming nobody builds HG at the end of this turn then I've got to plant that city on the stone to 1-turn the Hanging Gardens. The thing I absolutely do not want to have happen is have someone raze that city the turn it gets founded. They can raze it the next turn and I'll probably thank them for it tongue

So what do the lurkers think? Is this in the spirit of the game? By the way, I intend to discuss in advance all my intentional double moved and clock manipulations. I figure that this helps me keep them to a minimum, and if I do really go outside the bounds of what's decent then I'll have a bunch of people telling me so before it turns into a Diplo Thread blow-up.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

are you in danger of it getting razed? It would require a pretty good stack of 2-movers, no? or are there barbs in the area?

I think you are fine.

pindicator Wrote:I plan on sitting on the turn like this next turn. Possibly. I may decide 'what the hell' and just go through with it. But assuming nobody builds HG at the end of this turn then I've got to plant that city on the stone to 1-turn the Hanging Gardens. The thing I absolutely do not want to have happen is have someone raze that city the turn it gets founded. They can raze it the next turn and I'll probably thank them for it tongue

So what do the lurkers think? Is this in the spirit of the game?

If I understand you right, you just don't want to plant the city and have, say, Sunrise with an unfinished turn march into the city? Seems unlikely.

At any rate, I wouldn't consider that a violation of the spirit of "casual".

Yeah, I actually was thinking that after I posted last Ceiliazul: that the odds of him having units around to double turn me in the desert were pretty remote. So I decided I would scout ahead with the chariot and if he didn't see anything we would settle. Sure enough, nothing was around, and the 8th Sino-American city was settled. Inhabitants in its quarries are forced to work the stone mines and complain so much about the desert heat that they named the town in its honor:

[Image: pb7-turn089-angrysun.jpg]

Back home, the new found exquisite stonework was brought in for the capital's finest architectural accomplishment to date:

[Image: pb7-turn089-wonderful.jpg]

I ended the turn at +20gpt at 0% tech. 40gpt expenses. We are going to crawl, crawl, crawl to Currency. Ideally I'd like to pick up Archery first, but I'm going to hold off unless I have to (someone attacks in force). Walls should be a good deterrant until then. I'm also making 3 more workers so we can get as many cottages down as possible.

Oh, and as Commodore noted in the diplo thread, Lincoln has been rediscovering the perks of slavery:

[Image: pb7-turn089-whippinggood.jpg]
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

And I assume many of your 8 new pop points will also be heading to the slave mines, no?

regoarrarr Wrote:And I assume many of your 8 new pop points will also be heading to the slave mines, no?

A few will but most my cities are suffering from whip unhappiness already. So I think I will slow build workers in some places and use the whip in others. My newest city the is going to whip on a monument though. Gotta get those cows in its culture quick.

Side note : I can't remember the last time I built this many monuments
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player