Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Four Score & Seven Dynasties Ago: Pindicator plays Lincoln of China

Ellimist Wrote:Awesome thread name.

Thanks! Hopefully the content inside gets to be just as good lol

So today I was doing some sandboxing, trying to get a plan through turn 50. Here's where I'm at currently:

[Image: pb7-turn024-sandboxingtot51.jpg]

I went to t51 to have a couple things finish, but this is my most ideal run so far. We have 8 total pop, a monument in Beijing, and I can whip a granary in the capital next turn if I choose to. Tech path went Wheel, Mysticism, Pottery, AH (86/179). Turns out Mysticism after Wheel is the way to go, because then I time 2 workers to chop in a monument the turn it opens up.

With production, the plan is basically worker, 1 turn to finish warrior, settler (still at size 3), worker, axe until size 4, settler, finish axe. First settler goes south to 1S of the silk. It works the silk while building a worker, swap to monument for the chops, then finish the worker with 2 more chops. After the worker we'll steal a corn from the capital to grow until the borders expand and the wheat gets farmed.

You know, now I am thinking about some "what if"s. Like what if I don't revolt to slavery while the first settler is in transit. I haven't used it yet, although I will want to 2-pop whip the granary in Beijing and may even want to for the granary in the capital. Another is what if I skip Pottery and go Wheel -> Myst -> AH. Then I would improve the sheep before the wheat, and would improve the plains cow in city #3 first. But would that hurt granaries? You can see I don't have any cottages in my test run, but my first one would finish on t51.

I guess I'll have to play in my sandbox some more
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 025

I must have played this turn when I got home last night, because I don't remember doing it. Thankfully the worker is chopping the trees and my scout is scouting. That's about all that needed to be done.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 027

[Image: pb7-turn027-chopchop.jpg]

Worker #2 will be out next turn. Worker #2 will mine and road the bronze, and worker #1 will chop another tree. We'll finish the warrior and then get our first settler going. Then both workers will time a pair of chops to get out a monument in 1 turn.

Currently I am #1 in Crop Yield and #18 in GNP.

After a bit more sandboxing I settled on going Wheel -> Mysticism -> AH -> Pottery as my tech path. Decided I could push back pottery because I'm going to delay working my first cottage by a few turns, but in return for that I've got far better growth with sheep and cows online. A lot can happen, but when I ran the sim out to turn 60 I was looking at 4 cities: sizes 4/4/1/1, and both size 4 cities had a granary. 5 workers, 3 axes, and spears on the way if I chose to go Hunting after Pottery. Dunno about that as I want to get to Writing & Mathematics sooner rather than later.

Oracle isn't going to happen, but if I get to Pottery and nobody's founded a religion yet then I'll reconsider. But that's not very likely, now is it? So I think Pottery and focusing on growth is my best bet. Then we can hope I can to Currency fast enough.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 028

The Hindu talk reminded me that I need to be checking for events:

[Image: pb7-turn028-events.jpg]

Wha? Who is "Manner"? Don't tell me it's SleepingMoogle, his start is sweet enough; he doesn't need truffles too...

[Image: pb7-turn028-mooglelands.jpg]

frown

In happier news worker 1-2 is finished and started mining the copper. Worker 1-1 moved north and will chop the forest into our first settler. And we will finish the Wheel and another warrior next turn!
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 029

My scout found a dry wheat north of the desert pig, so the area southwest of Moogle is still looking pretty bleak. This means he's less likely to expand my direction, but then again that depends on how the other directions look. As great as moogle's capital is, there doesn't seem to be any kind of food bonus in the area immediately around the capital.

I do have a little bit of C&D prepared because there aren't any good pictures to show. First up is population. I know everybody is on 1 city still, and that everybody has these many citizens:
  • plako - 4
  • Lewwyn - 4
  • SleepingMoogle - 4
  • HitAnyKey - 4
  • Azza - 4
  • sunrise - 3
  • Tatan, Nakor, & Serdoa - 3
  • pindicator - 3 (that's me!!!)
  • Team Nyan - 3
  • Team FFH - 2
  • slowcheetah - 2
  • Team Googly - 2
  • Team Pyramids - 2
  • Catwalk - 2
  • spacetyrantxenu - 2
  • ASM - 2
  • Meiz - 2
  • Yuri & Commodore - 1

I wonder what strat Yuri & Commodore are chasing that keeps them on 1 pop. They are playing Joao, so I wouldnt' be surprised to see their first population increase be because of a 2nd city. Probably worker -> worker -> settler there? Team Googly was also at 1 population until just recently.

Next up is land tiles:
[Image: pb7-turn029-landtiles.jpg]

Some of those are +/-1. The land points are so small that sometimes increments of a land tile don't increase the point total.

Technology is a partial fit. I know how many techs everybody has researched and what age they are in, but aside from a few exceptions I really don't know who has what. But here are how many techs each person has (nobody has classical techs yet, so these are all ancient age ones):
  • sunrise - 6
  • ASM - 6
  • slowcheetah - 5
  • Meiz - 5
  • HitAnyKey - 5
  • plako - 4
  • Team FFH - 4
  • Tatan, Nakor, & Serdoa - 4
  • Team Googly - 4
  • pindicator - 4
  • Lewwyn - 4
  • Catwalk - 4
  • spacetyrantxenu - 4
  • Team Nyan - 4
  • SleepingMoogle - 4
  • Yuri & Commodore - 4
  • Azza - 4
  • Team Pyramids - 3

Yep, that's about all the C&D I can stand to do.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 030

Well, my population numbers are a little off. Team FFH grew from 3 pop to 4 this turn (I know it was 4 because the 4th pop adds 3 pts to score instead of 2), so likely back on turn 26 I gave someone else the population increase that they earned. Maybe sunrise?

Second, Known Civs bonus is actually a hindrance until I can meet some people:

[Image: pb7-turn030-researchrounding.jpg]

That should read 14/85 and it kind of matters because Mysticism could come down to the beaker. But I forgot in my micro to account for known civs with tech on the beaker rollover. I figured it was so small for now that I didn't need to worry about it. Rounding proved me wrong duh

Well, as luck has it I have an "extra" hammer. None of my builds finish with less than 1 overflow, at least in my plans, so we're going to use this "extra" hammer towards where our bottleneck is more pronounced: research

[Image: pb7-turn030-commerce.jpg]

Next turn the copper comes online and we'll work that.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Hmmm.... Rego recently posted in the awards thread. There's obviously no chance I've just been nominated for an award title.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

pindicator Wrote:Hmmm.... Rego recently posted in the awards thread. There's obviously no chance I've just been nominated for an award title.

Actually you were. But it wasn't me that nominated you lol

I'm sure whatever I am nominated for it is well deserved. Do I get to see what my award title is or is that a spoiler? Or more apt, do I want to see what my award title is? wink
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 032

I was greeted this turn by an old friend

[Image: pb7-turn032-scoutinglions.jpg]

Since I couldn't attack him, I moved simply to scout instead of standing in place.

[Image: pb7-turn032-scouting2.jpg]

We also have graphs on SleepingMoogle! Which is great because before this turn I realized I hadn't touched the EP slider. I mean, I meant to not change the EP slider because I knew it'd happen that way. Yeah... smoke Anyway, full steam ahead on Lewwyn now. Here are the power and gnp graphs:

[Image: pb7-turn032-powergraph.jpg]
[Image: pb7-turn032-gnpgraph.jpg]

Demos. Still last in GNP, and I'll continue to be until I settle city #2.

[Image: pb7demos-turn032.jpg]

I can also tell you that Catwalk's 2nd city has 7 land tiles in the first ring. Coastal?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player