I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Team Bounty Hunter: Lewwyn is Boudica

Team Nakor, Serdoa, and Tatan must die.

PYFT for real folks. No reason, absolutely no reason you can't have discussed scouting moves before settling the city.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Lewwyn Wrote:Team Nakor, Serdoa, and Tatan must die.

PYFT for real folks. No reason, absolutely no reason you can't have discussed scouting moves before settling the city.

5X bounty on them?

luddite Wrote:5X bounty on them?

Its already at 1x. I'm sure it will increase.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Played 2 turns. Settled. Got a 2nd Scout from the hut. frown Really wanted a tech so I could speed up.

Exploring now, teching AGR. Build set to worker. Here's to hoping I don't need an early warrior. I've sent my warrior off in another direction. Early scouting is going to pay off heavily with huts I think.

Lewwyn Wrote:Played 2 turns. Settled. Got a 2nd Scout from the hut. frown Really wanted a tech so I could speed up.

Sounds like +1 bounty to the folks that popped techs

Here's a pic of what I've explored. Only one food resource outside of the cap...

[Image: pb7t3.jpg]

I'm also fairly confident that I will be able to spot an incoming warrior so I've gone ahead and continued to send mine SW. If I die, its fine. I'll take the gamble. Slowing and an opponent/Exploring/possibly finding another hut that's all worth the risk. And apparently I'm on the coast too.

Lewwyn Wrote:Played 2 turns. Settled. Got a 2nd Scout from the hut. frown Really wanted a tech so I could speed up.

I think with huts, the T-Hawk school of thought applies here: It's early enough that the scout is pretty solid.

Cyneheard Wrote:I think with huts, the T-Hawk school of thought applies here: It's early enough that the scout is pretty solid.

Unfortunately I now have 4 scouts. I've popped 4 huts and gotten 3 scouts and 57 gold. At some point you start getting diminishing returns from your scout pops...

I'll do a full update later.

Lewwyn Wrote:Unfortunately I now have 4 scouts. I've popped 4 huts and gotten 3 scouts and 57 gold. At some point you start getting diminishing returns from your scout pops...

Be first to meet them all!
And on the sixth day, god created Manchester.

[SIZE="1"]Played: PBEM13 (China), PBEM17 (India)
Helping out: PBEM23 (Egypt)
Dedlurked: PBEM15 (Ottomans)
Globally lurking: more or less everything else[/SIZE]

spacemanmf Wrote:Be first to meet them all!

That would be a treat. Unfortunately 2 scouts are injured already. To meet everyone I have to hope Barbs plus others don't snuff em all out. I should probably rest them, but that's valuable scouting time lost when there are huts to be had.

Here's a couple shots from Turn 5:

[Image: pb7t5.jpg]

[Image: pb7t5a.jpg]

You may notice in the second shot the hut there. That's the 57 gold hut.

As of Turn 11 here's my world:

[Image: pb7t11c.jpg]

[Image: pb7t11b.jpg]

[Image: pb7t11a.jpg]

Its terrible. Jungle, Jungle more jungle. Barely any food. No Happy resources before wines in the very north. At least 3 Calendar happy resources, And a ton of those, but fairly useless given how slow we are teching on this map.

A milscreen overview:

[Image: pb7t11.jpg]

Yup.

In terms of tech I skipped BW for now and have started Wheel. I will then go directly to Pottery and just start spamming freaking cottages everywhere. banghead I decided that forest chopping and Slavery were simply not worth the 16 turns it would have taken to tech them. Instead I need to get cottages up asap especially considering my lack of early happiness. Not having slavery is going to bite as well... Oh... I'm CHA and I should have chopped Stonehenge... Maybe. I don't think I can beat the IND civs to it. Still now I'm stuck building monuments in all my cities for happiness. Well at least I have the ability to get a happy even if its going to cost me 30 h per city.

Found another hut T12:

[Image: pb7t12.jpg]

I wish the scout was close enough... but I don't trust that I can wait for the scout to get there before popping it.