For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Team Bounty Hunter: Lewwyn is Boudica

Mist Wrote:I believe Gaspar is doing it right now, his firewall is preventing me from establishing connection lol Get better soon alright

I did. Weird though, I have no firewall AFAIK and was connected the same time as other players many times during PB4. But I got the same message and its obviously not you, so it must be me.

Anyway, I won't make a habit of playing turns for anyone as I couldn't possibly be more spoiled short of having an admin password but this seemed harmless.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

So settled my first city. Named it Azza.

Meditation in 5turns. No one has gotten Buddhism... Maybe I will? rolleye
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

3 turns to Buddhism... No one has it yet... Crazy slow game.

I have copper to my east. Its pretty much the worst. I'll get a picture next time, but its basically forcing me to settle on the jungle line, on the coast with no food resources and no sources of fresh water for farms. The highest food total I will get will be 2 yield. Basically I'll mine the copper, work it until I've built a granary then simply work the coast forever. Hopefully I get Buddhism>Priest>Masonry>Marble>Oracle Chopped> MC> Colossus and this city will be able to worthwhile.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Whelp! I got Buddhism.

[Image: pbyt49.jpg]

So there we are. Buddhism. Catwalk/Elkad got Poly, but I don't know who else was teching it. Thus I simply need to tech Priest and masonry, quarry my marble, chop a couple trees into the oracle and take MC. Then build the colossus and settle a bunch of seaside villages protected by triemes.

I'm teching Priest in the pic. I thought about going masonry first, but I moved my worker to chop a forest into another worker. I need time to get my workers over to the marble so getting priest first is fine. I may even put a few turns into Oracle before I get marble hooked. Its only 150 hammers, best to get a lead on it in case anyone tries to chop it out before me.

Hmmm. Marble. Maybe I should build the Temple of Artemis.

I'll get a GPriest first so that'll be good for my Buddhist Holy City.

I can only do this because I'm so isolated. My East and West Neighbors don't even know I'm their neighbor. Only Moogle has found my lands and he's far away. ASM is probably my closest neighbor and he's busy choking TT. Even if I wanted to attack somebody I'm about 15+ turns of movement through jungle to my nearest foe. I am a bit sad my whole Bounty Huntering will be for naught until much later in the game.

How often are you the founder of Buddhism?
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Ellimist Wrote:How often are you the founder of Buddhism?

This is the first time in a non-duel MP game. I've gotten Buddhism a couple times in duels. Most notably in my current one with Dazed.

TBH its mostly because I feel Poly is more useful than Buddhism since it leads to OR. If I'm going for a religion I will usually want to pick up Hinduism. But as you see here, Hindu got taken before I even started teching for a religion. Usually Buddhism is taken by people rushing oracle. Usually I'm not rushing for Oracle.

Generally I prefer not to deal with wonders unless I'm IND. They are more risky than simply out expanding your opponents. They are large and sometimes not worth the cost. But as you can see here... what else am I gonna do.

I get Priesthood next turn. I'm thinking I build a settler while I tech masonry and then finish the Oracle with 2 chops. Then whip the settler and get to copper asap. Though I may have to whip the settler before the oracle:

[Image: pb752b-1.jpg]

Moogle's power is rising. He knows where my cap is. He is 10-15 tiles over jungle from me. He has 53 eps on me to my 45 on him.

Demos:

[Image: pb752.jpg]

I have one warrior.

lol

Who... who are you? And what have you done to Lewwyn >:(

Nicolae Carpathia Wrote:Who... who are you? And what have you done to Lewwyn >frown

Random Civ, Random Leader, Random map... Random Personality? yikes

Just gave Moogle a target so hopefully that army of his isn't coming my way. I started Masonry this turn and will tech archery next most likely. It will be a 3 turn detour but HUnting/AH is not so pressing.