For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Team Bounty Hunter: Lewwyn is Boudica

A couple things... I realized I needed hunting to tech archery. I didn't realize this because I've never teched archery early in a game... Anyway that means 3T for hunting and 4T for archery. But I'm not going to switch to hunting now. Even though I felt a little threatened by Moogle's power + EPs on me I think that my post in the diplo thread should buy me some time. The only reason I'm worried about him at all is because he found my borders. No other team has done that yet. And noone is going to send a bunch of axes through the jungle looking for me if they don't know where I am specifically. Now pindicator has also spent 50 EPs on me. I assume that he hasn't met a lot of people and that I'm a natural target to keep an eye on. I mean lets be honest, I bear watching. rolleye

Thing is I don't know specifically where Pindicator is. Let me show you why I'm so unafraid of being attacked:

[Image: pb7t54b.jpg]

In this picture is everyone around me. I know that these are all my closest neighbors. Team FFH I found by hut map and so never actually made contact. Pindicator came east to find Moogle, whee I met him so he is farther west of Moogle. Moogle is across the jungle. His natural "enemies" should be pin and slowcheetah. Slowcheetah is even farther south of me and has Meiz 3 tiles away from him. His power is rising but I assume its for protection and expansion. Meiz is in the same boat even if he wanted to come after me he'd have to pass Catwalk/Elkad. Elkat is participating in a choke of TT with ASM. ASM is clueless that I'm his neighbor and is choking TT. Both are therefore preoccupied and even if they happen to scout me there is no chance they will be able to get a raiding party together before I've settled my copper and probably my horses. TT is aforementioned, being choked.

So there you have it. None of my neighbors are close. None of them know where I am, except Moogle, and Moogle now has better things to do than try to come after me. All the rest are preoccupied with their closer neighbors. I am willing to risk my entire game on the bet that Moogle will not be sending axes at me. Thus I will tech masonry as planned, build the oracle as planned, take MC as planned, and tech hunting + archery after masonry.

Home:

[Image: pb7t54a.jpg]

I chopped the forest into the worker and then whipped the worker this turn. The forest I chopped was on rivergrassland and this turn I got a nasty surprise when a jungle grew onto that tile. rolleye At least I also got a free buddhism spread.

The new worker will finish the road next turn(t55). Current worker will start the road on the marble. Masonry at 2. T56 the new worker will put a turn into the cottage NE of Azza, the other worker finishes the marble road. Masonry at 1. T57 Masonry in, start quarry with both workers.

Decided this after my micro debate below. Basically I get the quarry a turn faster this way but lose the road on the grasshill next to it.

T55 road-road M2
T56 road-move M1
T57 quarry-road
T58 quarry-road
T59 quarry-quarry
T60 quarry-move
T61 move - chop1
T62 chop1-chop2
T63 chop2-chop3
T64 Chop3-road

T55 road-road M2
T56 road-cot M1
T57 quarry-quarry
T58 quarry-quarry
T59 quarry-move -28
T60 move-move -28
T61 move-chop1 -28
T62 chop1-chop2 -28
T63 chop2-chop3
T64 Chop3-road

Oracle should be done EOT64 if I have both workers chop seperate forests... Is that fast enough... No. I'll move both workers onto one forest and chop it instead. That will start the Oracle turn 59 and finish EOT 62. I think EOT62 will be early enough.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Stupid event this turn. Rats got into the granary. I refused to pay the 20 gold to keep the food. I'm planning to whip down to pop 4 anyway so I will be able to regrow at a smaller food box.

[Image: pb7t59-1.jpg]

Survey says: Oracle in 5T.

T59 - +28
T60 - +28 = 56/150
T61 - 3 pop whip settler 31/100 - 121/100 + 12
T62 - 33x2 overflow + 10 = 132/150
T63 - 10 + 40(chop) = 182/150

The quarry took 6 worker turns instead of 5 so I was unable to get the chop done by T62. Chop delayed to T63. I really hope its enough. I have no idea who else might be making a run at the Oracle or if they are chopping at it. I think I was first to get Priesthood. I know I beat all my known opponents to it based on known tech bonus and Elkad/walk was the one who got poly. The only way I'm getting beat is if someone has a ton of pre-chopped forests set up and were on my heels teching Priesthood.

I probably could have gotten this earlier if I'd been building the Oracle as soon as I teched Priesthood. But then I wouldn't be getting 2 to 1 on my hammers and I would be getting the settler on the 3 pop whip.

My warrior in the jungle has met a bear. I hope he doesn't die like all my other units.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

I gotta say, I quite like the name of the city you founded Buddhism in. tongue

What do you planning on Oracling?

Azza Wrote:I gotta say, I quite like the name of the city you founded Buddhism in. tongue

You and me brother we're gonna go far.

Nicolae Carpathia Wrote:What do you planning on Oracling?

MC I think. It's just the best investment. I have religion already and everything else is easier to research. I can build colossus and forges. Early forges are just a huge bonus. And maybe I build a trireme to mess with ASM.

Teching Archery now. 4t tech. Getting a boost from known techs. I debated whether to go AH instead of Archery first, but in terms of immediate value Archery is better. I can't do anything with AH for a while yet because I only have 2 workers and they are chopping Oracle+roading new city+connecting copper for the forseeable future. Luckily after Oracle I should be able to start work and grow on a forge while whipping workers and settlers.

Of course I have to land Oracle first.

Teching Archery? What sort of wonder-spamming farmers gambit are you running? lol

fluffyflyingpig Wrote:Teching Archery? What sort of wonder-spamming farmers gambit are you running? lol

A careful one? lol

Oracle completes EOT so as long no on else finishes EOT to compete I'll have it and MC. Settler will settle new city in 2 turns. Started AH now, have archery.

[Image: pb7oracle.jpg]

Yeah! MC taken, and I switched into Buddhism as I'm still moving my settler. Colossus will probably be mine as well.

Tech path is variable. I need to finish AH first then it might be Fishing>Sailing or Writing or IW. Those are my current goals. After them I am considering teching aesthetics>Lit and chopping GLib rolleye

You are the worst warmongering bounty hunter ever