For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Team Bounty Hunter: Lewwyn is Boudica

fluffyflyingpig Wrote:You are the worst warmongering bounty hunter ever

Tell me about it. I was really looking forward to Boudica too. smoke
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Hey party people:

[Image: pb7t65.jpg]

TT joins the ranks of my cities.

Barbs from... the north? Winter... IS COMING?! AGAIN!? (See FFHXIV).
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

I've been sending a warrior east to see if I can find ASM. I can't. banghead

I am even more isolated than I thought. Elkat is apparently my closest neighbor.

you are the worst warmonger/bountyhunter boudica ever.

fluffyflyingpig Wrote:you are the worst warmonger/bountyhunter boudica ever.

frown

Everyone is so far away!

Need to start settling cities though. Will 3 pop whip the cap at pop 7 and overflow into the forge again. I won't whip right away though going to get a few extra food hammers into the settler in order to get as much food converted to hammers as possible. I want to whip at as close to 39/100 as I can without going over. Then do it again.

Found horses SW of Azza along the jungle line and not in my current dotmaps. rolleye

Fishing next as its a 2T tech. Then either probably writing so I can get some libraries. I want Sailing for lighthouses and triremes though so I may go Sailing after Fishing.

Tell you what. This game is slow. lol

(lurker hoping to appeal to your vanity post)

Lewwyn, I really hope you don't quit! (re: your posts in the diplo thread, and missing a turn). I just finished reading the always-peace PBEM where you are dominating, was really looking forward to tracking your progress in this game (especially once it progressed to the point where you actually had neighbors\people to fight). Your gameplay is quite entertaining to me. Can't we all just get along?? wink

Bigger Wrote:(lurker hoping to appeal to your vanity post)

Lewwyn, I really hope you don't quit! (re: your posts in the diplo thread, and missing a turn). I just finished reading the always-peace PBEM where you are dominating, was really looking forward to tracking your progress in this game (especially once it progressed to the point where you actually had neighbors\people to fight). Your gameplay is quite entertaining to me. Can't we all just get along?? wink

Another post supporting the above.
Kalin

Heh thanks guys. I was pretty close to it. Problem is there really isn't anyone to take my spot if I did and it might cause a chain of quitting. I wouldn't feel right about ending the game for everyone no matter how I individually felt. Commitments are important to me.

I should update whats going on.

My Prophet popped and I built the shrine.

I settled a city on the north coast.

Finished a forge in the cap. Started forge in the TT city.

Was surprised by barb axes (2) at TT and had to dry whip an axe in the cap instead of my settler. I have to go check the turn to see if my axe survived the assault, I'm guessing he did. The overflow gave me another 1T axe.

Whipped settler and this turn will be headed for the horse site. 2 workers there.

Worried about not getting Colossus, will chop it to high heavens once the forge is built. Maths comes in in 2 more turns.

I'll try to remember to snap a pic when I log in.

To be 100% honest I knew going into this that luck would be the determining factor about who would win. If someone ends up with better land or better traits and plays on the same level its difficult to overcome that. My traits are... not-economical rolleye and my land is barren of food and non-calendar luxury resources. So I do not expect to win. But then that was never really the point. I just wanted to see what random gave me and what I could do with random. lol

Hey Lewwyn, is it really not possible to win from a random position? It may be a bit more challenging if you get a poor start but is it really as hopeless as I feel from your posts? Just interested as you are very experienced.

For me, at least, this game is rather riveting given the randomness... for a change.

Gazzahk Wrote:Hey Lewwyn, is it really not possible to win from a random position? It may be a bit more challenging if you get a poor start but is it really as hopeless as I feel from your posts? Just interested as you are very experienced.

For me, at least, this game is rather riveting given the randomness... for a change.

Well, its just that some people have much, much better land. The snowball is much larger. For me if you look at my land I have a decent capital, some might say good, but even SleepingMoogles is better than mine, I just leveraged mine better at the start, I think.

I have no non-calendar happy resources. Keep that in mind. Anyone who get's gold, gems or silver has a 6-7-8 commerce tile boosting their research. Plus that 1, 2 happy with forges. For me I have CHA and I got Stonehenge which was huge. If I didn't get it I'd have to build monuments to get the happy. I also have religion. So we're looking at +3 happy right there. That's REALLY good considering I don't have gems, gold, silver, furs, or ivory. But that's one trait that is now basically eliminated. If I could have gotten EXP, FIN, CRE or SPI I'd be MUCH more optomistic. Hell if I had ORG I'd be ecstatic, but Agg and Cha are not economical. And I'm stuck so far from everyone. If I was close to anyone I would have just attacked them. So my warmongering traits are worthless beyond the happy which I desperately need.

About the land. My 2nd city has a FP. it doesn't have any other food resources. My 3rd city has no tiles over 2f. It will likely not grow above 2 for a hundred turns. City 4 finally has an oasis and a fish, but thats the exception not the rule. To my south is jungle, jungle. I have a couple of cities planned that will actually get some food, but honestly for the most part it's pretty pathetic land. Plains, jungle, no food, no happy.

Yes land, traits, they can make it impossible for the best player to catch up. I've done the best I think anyone could do with my land grabbing 2 wonders(hopefully 3) and a religion w/ an early shrine. But eventually better land, even in the hands of a less skilled player will outstrip my progress. If I was next to said player I could attack them, but, LOL, NO. rolleye

So is it hopeless? Well depends on how fast people tech. ON how much I can conquer when everyone expands and how lucky I get in combat. Also if people dogpile the leaders. But from a strictly land, trait, skill and proximity standpoint, currently it is hopeless. But that's the thing. I cam into this game knowing that. I just wanted to casually play it. And this is why I have an issue with LP. He's not only playing competitively, he's taking every advantage he can get which includes planning turns and times obsessively. I have no problem being beaten by someone playing with the same intensity as me. But the fact that I might be beaten simply because someone has more time on their hands pisses me off. That means there is something more I could be doing to better my position. I lost because I didn't do things efficiently enough. And it reflects poorly on me. I don't want to play a random game where luck is prominent and add a competitive level like that. It severely detracts from my enjoyment.

I will work with other players to double move LP if I have to. I will wait till we're both online, end turn first have the other person end turn and then hit LP before he can log in. People will work with me for that. LP has only himself to blame. I will fuck his ass so hard it'll bleed if I have to.

FYI its almost 11 on a Friday night, my wife isn't home till tomorrow, I'm bored with beer in hand. Fuck fucking. I regret nothing.

WHy am I listening to Yellowcard?