Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] RB PB7 LURKER Thread

Looks like Parkin will have gotten some luck with his potential rushing plans as he has horse 1SW of his capital.

regoarrarr Wrote:I think Azza is in trouble.

Quite possibly, although he has a triple food capital, is already researching Archery, and is watching Smack's graphs.
I have to run.

HitAnyKey Wrote:Still not 100% sure which tech I'll go for after BW. I suppose it'll come down to where I see copper. But since I currently have plenty of techs for worker actions, I'm half tempted to get Mysticism after BW and then see where I go from there.

He has wet rice at his capital covered in jungle + some more jungled tiles and he ponders to go Mysticism.

I love comments like this.

antisocialmunky Wrote:Got AH on T24 and it seems like everyone has horses.

If only they knew...
And on the sixth day, god created Manchester.

[SIZE="1"]Played: PBEM13 (China), PBEM17 (India)
Helping out: PBEM23 (Egypt)
Dedlurked: PBEM15 (Ottomans)
Globally lurking: more or less everything else[/SIZE]

Does anyone else think that LP is making a huge mistake by teching bronze working before the Wheel? I guess he's planning to make a big stack of chariots, but just 1 or 2 really early chariots might be enough to take out team Googly. At the very least they could pillage their improvements and prevent them from hooking up copper. As things are, by the time LP gets bronze working Googly will have it too, and they've scouted LP's land, so the chariots will be met by defending spearmen.

luddite Wrote:Does anyone else think that LP is making a huge mistake by teching bronze working before the Wheel? I guess he's planning to make a big stack of chariots, but just 1 or 2 really early chariots might be enough to take out team Googly. At the very least they could pillage their improvements and prevent them from hooking up copper. As things are, by the time LP gets bronze working Googly will have it too, and they've scouted LP's land, so the chariots will be met by defending spearmen.

My Civ brain really doesn't work on normal speed anymore after like a year and a half of playing mainly on quick, but I feel like speed is better than volume on a chariot rush. 2 Chariots 10t earlier is better than 5 later, IMO.

I also doesn't understand that 2nd city if the city sign in his screenshots is where he intends to place it. That's 7 tiles from his cap and is going to take a lot of worker labor just to hook TR, let alone improve tiles. I'd think in an AW setting like this you'd be all the more wise to be conservative in your early settlements where you can't diplo your way out of trouble. I debated asking him in his thread about this but decided his answer would be long-winded and unsatisfying, like all communication I've ever had with him. wink
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

I for one want Seven's rush to work because Classical Hero is subbing in for Azza (I don't like Classical Hero (he is dumb enough to be an actual young earth creationist)).

Gaspar Wrote:I also doesn't understand that 2nd city if the city sign in his screenshots is where he intends to place it. That's 7 tiles from his cap and is going to take a lot of worker labor just to hook TR, let alone improve tiles. I'd think in an AW setting like this you'd be all the more wise to be conservative in your early settlements where you can't diplo your way out of trouble. I debated asking him in his thread about this but decided his answer would be long-winded and unsatisfying, like all communication I've ever had with him. wink

I think he sees this site as the only chance to stay in game. If he loses it and gets wiped out he has no problem with that as he (rightly) thinks that his lands are far to terrible to have a chance of winning without risky moves.

That city is actually quite defensible. The only way LP can get attacked from the south is through a 1 tile wide isthmus that he can park a warrior on to get a good 5 turns worth of notice of any invasion, and anyone trying to cut a road between the capital and second city site would have to approach via the tundra because of the 2 peaks/lake tile stopping any units.

My only complaint would be hte lack of scouting of the second city: he could plant one tile further west and get a much better city site for all I know, and there isn't much difference between 7 and 8 tiles to chariots on roads.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Nicolae Carpathia Wrote:I for one want Seven's rush to work because Classical Hero is subbing in for Azza (I don't like Classical Hero (he is dumb enough to be an actual young earth creationist)).

That's... a pretty terrible reason to dislike someone.