Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] RB PB7 LURKER Thread

scooter Wrote:That's... a pretty terrible reason to dislike someone.

Yeah. Not to mention I thought this was a Civ forum?

So we can dislike someone based off their religious beliefs? I didn't get that memo. I believe in God if you'd like somebody else to dislike?

bang Let's cut it off here, guys.

This is why I'm glad RB lacks a politics and/or religion discussion section in Off-Topic (unlike, say, Apolyton); people inevitably get riled up & then it spills over into their in-game actions.

novice Wrote:Quite possibly, although he has a triple food capital, is already researching Archery, and is watching Smack's graphs.

Yeah, but he doesn't seem to understand the graph. That big spike he noticed wasn't a warrior and a pop point; it was Bronze Working.

Smack still has their work cut out for them, with archers and a nine-tile distance to content with.

Nicolae Carpathia Wrote:I for one want Seven's rush to work because Classical Hero is subbing in for Azza (I don't like Classical Hero (he is dumb enough to be an actual young earth creationist)).

Now I figure out who he is. CFC's Classical Hero.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

kjn Wrote:Yeah, but he doesn't seem to understand the graph. That big spike he noticed wasn't a warrior and a pop point; it was Bronze Working.

Smack still has their work cut out for them, with archers and a nine-tile distance to content with.

But when it goes up 24K for 4 axes I think he'll at least figure something out lol

I think we should be careful not to generate too much traffic in the threads as that in itself can give stuff away.

Regarding the rush on Azza, even if it doesn't succeed 4 axes choke pretty hard which can still be useful.

Kalin

kalin Wrote:I think we should be careful not to generate too much traffic in the threads as that in itself can give stuff away.

Regarding the rush on Azza, even if it doesn't succeed 4 axes choke pretty hard which can still be useful.

Yes, but with 18 players and plenty of activity all over, this easily gets lost in the noise. In a way, having a steady stream of banter in the lurker threads during the down periods helps hide the "real" discussion (and it can mess with the players' heads).

A hard choke is always possible, but sooner or later (preferably sooner) you have to take the city.

kjn Wrote:A hard choke is always possible, but sooner or later (preferably sooner) you have to take the city.
Yeah that's the thing- if they're going to have any hope of catching up to average (let alone to sunrise) they're going to need to take the city quickly. A long, bloody, expensive war is just a Pyrrhic victory.

Bobchillingworth Wrote:bang Let's cut it off here, guys.

This is why I'm glad RB lacks a politics and/or religion discussion section in Off-Topic (unlike, say, Apolyton); people inevitably get riled up & then it spills over into their in-game actions.

thumbsup