I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] RB PB7 LURKER Thread

Lol I won't import drama from CFC. Chill, I don't mind religious people.

Azza's settling attention will probably get directed to the nice land (aka away from Seven). On the other hand, he's marked out a hill to sentry on: good play, though it'll depend on if seven gets there first. Even if he doesn't get the hill tile proper, he'll still get many turns of warning if a warrior of his hangs out around the area.

Bobchillingworth Wrote:bang Let's cut it off here, guys.

Agreed.

This game was started in a spirit of "let's have some fun playing some Civ"

Letting the game (or the Lurker thread) degenerate into crap talk over non-game related issues defeats the point of the game. Let's just have some fun over a bit of Civ (and maybe a bit of second guessing the players wink ) and leave the other garbage for other forums.

Quote:This is why I'm glad RB lacks a politics and/or religion discussion section in Off-Topic (unlike, say, Apolyton); people inevitably get riled up & then it spills over into their in-game actions.

Yep. I'm a long time veteran of the wretched hive of scum and villainy known as the 'Poly OTF....it's my home away from home when my inner misanthrope gets unruly.

But this isn't the Poly OTF. And this isn't a typical game. So let's keep things (mostly) civil and fun. M'kay?

wink
fnord

Thoth Wrote:Agreed.

This game was started in a spirit of "let's have some fun playing some Civ"

Letting the game (or the Lurker thread) degenerate into crap talk over non-game related issues defeats the point of the game. Let's just have some fun over a bit of Civ (and maybe a bit of second guessing the players wink ) and leave the other garbage for other forums.

Yep. I'm a long time veteran of the wretched hive of scum and villainy known as the 'Poly OTF....it's my home away from home when my inner misanthrope gets unruly.

But this isn't the Poly OTF. And this isn't a typical game. So let's keep things (mostly) civil and fun. M'kay?

wink

QFMFT. As we say on Poly.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

kalin Wrote:I think we should be careful not to generate too much traffic in the threads as that in itself can give stuff away.

Kalin

Rubbish.

Nothing generates entertaining player paranoia like an acticive Lurker thread.

Lurker spam FTW. :doitnow!:

wink

Krill Wrote:QFMFT. As we say on Poly.

smile Thanks mate.

http://youtu.be/-QfdHPoU300
fnord

kjn Wrote:Yeah, but he doesn't seem to understand the graph. That big spike he noticed wasn't a warrior and a pop point; it was Bronze Working.

He was referring to the smaller spike after BW, I presume.

Azza Wrote:Power graph (me vs Germany);
[Image: NFGJK.jpg]

So I believe MackSeven just built a warrior and grew a pop point.

Azza's now heading for chariots but that may be too late to matter.
I have to run.

novice Wrote:He was referring to the smaller spike after BW, I presume.

Yeah, but he makes no mention of BW.

novice Wrote:Azza's now heading for chariots but that may be too late to matter.

He's still quite a bit away from it, and there is prime defensive terrain next to his capital.

Lets see: Smack intends to attack the city on turn 40. Azza will probably get Archery turn 30 or 31, Wheel will take 7 or 8 turns. Say he gets the settler out turn 35 (it's a guesstimate, but it appears correct). Found turn 38. Then he must road three tiles (6 worker actions), and pasture the horse (3). I doubt he can get chariots in time, at least to save the capital.

He can 2-turn archers in the capital, and 2 archers can probably hold the city with the help of a few warriors, but it'll be touch-and-go.

Against 4 axes all you need are 3 archers and you have the city safe. 2 archers and a warrior and I'd probably not attack either.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

I was wrong, all of Azza's attention is focused to the west. He's not going to get his sentry out in time. And if Mackseven are focusing all EPs on Azza, then he'll lose graphs and may even get blindsided.

The moral of the story is to never block off an opponent. Always leave them with an out (and on your own terms).

As I see it, Azza can only sustain 10 hammers/turn after completing the Settler. An Archer costs 25 hammers on normal speed. If SevenSpirits is correct about Azza's builds ("settler eot36 with 7h overflow"), Azza's first Archer will appear EOT38, with a second not before EOT41. Azza should only clearly see the attack coming on turn 38, unless they move a scouting Warrior east in the meantime: I have little faith in Azza correctly determining their opponent is building Axemen, since they appear to have misread Bronze Working (i.e. not mentioned it at all). Turn 38 will be insufficient warning to get a second Archer built, with Team 'Mids due to attack on turn 40 or 41. This could yet be the start a remarkable turn-around by Team 'Mids, whose start was much less favourable than Azza's.

Moral of the story is (1) learn to read the power graphs of your immediate opponents, and (2) if your opponent is blocked into a crappy corner, assume they are coming for you.

Azza Wrote:I fear MackSeven are about to send some Axes my way. Might need to spit out a few Archers for defence before I get another worker out.

Nobody confirm or deny this, obviously.

What turn are we on now? Sounds like Azza is completing the settler, at any rate.
I have to run.