Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] RB PB7 LURKER Thread

I suppose my lurker vote would be for a reroll then. I'm not sure Krill's estimation that "Everybody will be aware of the possibility" is accurate. Just because the information is publicly available doesn't mean that it was considered in the selection of the mapscript.

So if asking the players about it is a complete no go, then I think a reroll to avoid giving somebody a crappy game that they are stuck in for at least 6-8 months is worth it. Isolated island starts are boring as hell.

Okay, thanks for the input people. Since I had the lack of vision to volunteer for the admin job it's ultimately my responsibility to make a call and it'll be as follows :

I'll edit in *two* tiles of plains making the island into a peninsula.

Reasons

1) Original game idea called for a Solid shoreline Pangaea, these don't throw up islands of this size
2) It's very rare for a Pangaea script to put a player on an island even if it's generated
3) Without this edit Khmer player is very boxed in next to some rather marginal terrain with no more than 40 tiles of usable land to claim. It would be the only player in this position.
4) I have to edit the save anyhow, because players 2 to 18 have incorrect ( Monarch AI ) techs in the original wb save.
5) I think that other than this there is no reason to touch this map and a re-roll would be excessive.

Sorry Mist, I'll try not to make your life a living hell.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Mist, I think that's a very reasonable decision. I also think it's great to have only one person to make final decisions on things (after considering lurkers' opinions of course).

Kalin

I must say the player's thread gives hope that this game will be a rousing success.

Darrell

darrelljs Wrote:I must say the player's thread gives hope that this game will be a rousing success.

Darrell

So long as this initial enthusiasm continues, it should be a bucket load of fun.

Though trying to keep up with 18 spoiler threads is going to be tough... bang
fnord

Mist Wrote:Okay, thanks for the input people. Since I had the lack of vision to volunteer for the admin job it's ultimately my responsibility to make a call and it'll be as follows :

I'll edit in *two* tiles of plains making the island into a peninsula.

Mist, thank you for leading a resolution. When the map was rolled that island had no connection to the East at all, his only escape was thru another player's natural land. I actually edited in the connecting atolls allowing another point of egress. The map called for Natural shoreline, and I did get quite a few island starts... this was the ~12th map I rolled. "Less brick-like" was more prominent in my mind as I rolled.

All that said, I apprecate you taking care of it.

So, let's continue

Player 16 : HitAnyKey

[Image: pb7_ottomen_wb.jpg]

Another lucker, triple gems, stone, double wet corn, copper, iron, horses. Sunrise's start edges this only by virtue of nonjungled gold.

Player 17 : Azza

[Image: pb7_vikings_wb.jpg]

Mist Wrote:Another lucker, triple gems, stone, double wet corn, copper, iron, horses. Sunrise's start edges this only by virtue of nonjungled gold.

Only one of those corn is wet....and expansion is going to require IW sooner rather than later. Still a very nice start (and it has an accessable 1t island to the SW for overseas TRs). IW, Sailing and Calender will be key techs here.

Farmable riverside Sugar is a nice early bonus though. smile

Pity they don't have Water Mana to Spring the Desert to the North. wink
fnord