Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] RB PB7 LURKER Thread

Player 18 : Meiz

[Image: pb7_khmer_wb.jpg]

And another short straw, that's a very, very cramped start with enemies close and not a lot going for it. Also - no elephants.

And the final map - wb file

Dropbox link

I'll have one last look around to make sure everything is in order and it's off to sunrise.

@Celiazul - no worries, I was rolling some sample maps myself and it's surprisingly hard to hit something that looks like what they want. It's a pretty good job ( and a good example why you might always want a second pair of eyes to look at stuff wink ).

Very nice work, Ceiliazul and Mist! thumbsup

Love that marble in the mountains west of Meiz' start. lol Once Meiz gets visibility on that tile he is probably going to be complaining bitterly. I know I would.

Hmmm...wonder if you could use some kind of closing of borders teleport to drop a settler in there? Plant a city, build an airport to connect it a few thousand years later? lol

lol

Yeah, Mountain locked marble is a cruel joke from the map generating script.

Pity nukes can't knock down mountains.
fnord

Thoth Wrote:lol

Yeah, Mountain locked marble is a cruel joke from the map generating script.

Pity nukes can't knock down mountains.

maybe the barbs will spawn a city there and they can take it with nukes + a paratrooper lol

I don't think you can land paratroops directly onto cities, only on unoccupied terrain and their one move can't be an attack lol

This looks like a nightmare start for Plako. No guaranteed copper, two neighbors nearby that do have copper. And one of them is hitanykey, who has such a juiced start! I predict that plako will once again survive but be crippled by an early rush.

Meiz and yuris are pretty much forced to fight also. And yuris doesn't have any copper... though he i guess he might be able to defend with immortals.

Lewwyn has a massive amount of good land, but it's all covered by jungle. Too bad his Boudicca traits are completely wasted in that spot.

Catwalk has a super strong rush combo, and could potentially take out ASM very quickly with a jaguar rush. I doubt he'll go for it, though.

Seven/mack have terrible land, and will be blocked hard core by Azza, who's also got the mountains walling off good land behind him. They could potentially rush him, though.

Sunrise really has it all. Gold, gems, corn, and lots of good land to expand to. Pindicator and Moogle have pretty good land too. Overall, the civs in the western part are much better off.

...Except for Nakor's team which will be totally blocked by jungle.

Team Googly also has a great starting location. They could potentially wall off Parkin and ASM and get a big mass for themselves. Or they might just kill Parkin in a rush, with his lack of metal.

...unless of course he kills them with chariots. Then he's free to build wonders for the rest of the game, with marble and the only industrious leader.

I guess, just based on the map, I would predict Sunrise to win this one. But who knows. Pindicator, and either Parkin or Googly could also do really well.

Lord Parkin Wrote:Sure, sent it to you. Just be careful not to move or change anything whenever you log in... I'm a bit of a control freak. lol

lol Should be a well-oiled team there.

BTW, I can vouch for that. I played a FFA teamer with him a bit ago and he basically wanted to micro my civ over teamchat every turn. Wanted to kill him by the end. He's a skilled player but incredibly annoying.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Mist Wrote:So, let's continue

Player 16 : HitAnyKey

[Image: pb7_ottomen_wb.jpg]

Another lucker, triple gems, stone, double wet corn, copper, iron, horses. Sunrise's start edges this only by virtue of nonjungled gold.

That's an atrocious start. It's a huge map and he has no food resources beyond the capital food and has to go IW.

I'd also like to point out that you have actually made yuris' location worse by making it easier for Meiz to settle his land.

Sunrise really does have it all. With IMP, great food that he can easily split off into second and third cities, and gold to tech to IW quickly, he should be in the best mid game position with a solid leader/civ combo. He just needs to figure out the MM first.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

It looks like MackSeven are moving their settler trying to find a better spot but.... according to the map there isn't anything better anywhere soon....