Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] What, no fireballs?! Team FFH: we're not in Erebus anymore

Ichabod Wrote:Are you saying you don't like our "name of Malinese cities" theme?

Yeah, do you have anything against the good people of Mali, Gaspar? nono

If one of you want to play the turn, go ahead. I'll only be able to play it later.

According to the plan, we will tech BW now.

Ilios Wrote:Yeah, do you have anything against the good people of Mali, Gaspar? nono

Well, I never liked Djimi Traore much, does that count? wink
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

I fortified the warrior in the capital, selected Bronze Working, moved the scout SE-SE, caught a good view of Sunrise's borders, and ended turn.

[Image: hannibal3560.jpg]

Looks like we can see his capital by moving SW-S.

Ilios Wrote:Yeah, do you have anything against the good people of Mali, Gaspar? nono

You could always go with a "Roman City Names from Civ II" theme....starting with "Bagacum" *

innocent

*Yes, that is an actual city name (number 30 or so IIRC) you dirty minded so and sos
fnord

Gaspar Wrote:Well, I never liked Djimi Traore much, does that count? wink

No, you're right, we really should settle on a naming theme, the civ gods are not pleased!

DaveV Wrote:Looks like we can see his capital by moving SW-S.

Yup

Thoth Wrote:You could always go with a "Roman City Names from Civ II" theme....starting with "Bagacum" *

Thoth, please, the children! nono

So, I had a look ingame, our first Worker will have farmed the Corn and mined/roaded the Gold by the time Bronze comes in. I suggest moving south with him, and chop/mining the grass hill after. The second Worker can do the same with the plains hill SE of Tim. By the time AH is in we can move them both on the Pigs.

Do we start a Settler at size 2?

We should respond to this post in the [strike]spam[/strike] player communication thread:

sunrise089 Wrote:@DaveV,

It seems we actually both found each other at the same time lol

In the interest of avoiding misunderstandings, I hope we can both agree that scouting each other's lands inside cultural borders has the potential to cause misunderstandings, can affect unit movement (this is always war after all), etc, and so should be avoided. You'll notice my scout has not entered your lands, and in fact plans to head away from your civ next turn. It would have moved away this turn, but it was chased by a lion. In the spirit of friendship I'm happy to tell you the lion is 2S1E of my scout's current position, so be careful smile

How about:

Sunrise,

We appreciate your respect for our borders, and we will show the same respect for yours. Thank you for the warning about the lion; we wish we could reciprocate, but we haven't seen anything more dangerous than elephants so far.

----------

Not my first choice for a neighbor: War Chariots and Imperialistic. In the near term, though, I expect we'll both be settling away from each other and avoiding the jungle.

I'd stress we won't be entering his borders, but I'd still try and get a good look at his capital. smile

Good thing (for us), is that the Aggressive trait only grants the combat promo to Melee and Gunpowder units.

War Chariots are strong, here's hoping there is Copper nearby. smile

Ilios Wrote:So, I had a look ingame, our first Worker will have farmed the Corn and mined/roaded the Gold by the time Bronze comes in. I suggest moving south with him, and chop/mining the grass hill after. The second Worker can do the same with the plains hill SE of Tim. By the time AH is in we can move them both on the Pigs.

Do we start a Settler at size 2?

Well, I agree that chopping after the gold mine is the best move. Put a chop on the second worker and finish it.

We can start a settler at size 2 (maybe will have to finish the warrior before to avoid losing hammers) and wait until the pigs are pastured, then we grow to size 3 and finish the settler there.

That is if we really want a fast second city.

Two things:

*If anyone wants to play the turn, I'll need like 3 hours or so to be able to play it. I suggest moving the scout to the ph forest to see sunrise089 capital while sharing some message of peace in the tech thread.

*We can defend against WC with skirmishers too. We are a really defensible Civ, luckily.

I'll post some more thoughts later, after taking a look at the situation.

Thoth Wrote:starting with "Bagacum" *

Is today called Bavay