I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] What, no fireballs?! Team FFH: we're not in Erebus anymore

I wouldn't do the analysis until we meet the player ingame.

Entered the game, works just fine. smile

Well, we should probably define which one of us will be the "main turnplayer". Like I've said, I'm reading Spullla's PB thread for inspiration and Sullla said something pretty important, in my opinion:

Sullla Wrote:We definitely do want one of the two of us designed as "Turnplayer" and assigned the role of moving the units; organization is critical in long-running endeavors like this. Whenever I've seen teams try to go with a plan of "whoever logs in can move the units", it never ends well. It might seem like a meaningless distinction, since both of us will be heavily involved in all of the planning, but having clear responsibilities is the key to success, IMO.

I agree. So, anyone up for the job? We probably want to discuss our opening througly, even doing some sandboxing, but a designated turnplayer for actually doing everything sounds like a good idea.

Ichabod Wrote:Well, we should probably define which one of us will be the "main turnplayer".

Well, you were the one who signed up tongue. I've gathered the impression from FFH14 that your playing time is pretty limited, though. As long as the turns are short, I can play in the morning, lunchtime, or evening, but I am probably the least skilled of the three of us. I also travel for work sometimes, and would probably miss some or all of my normal playing times. Ilios?

DaveV Wrote:Well, you were the one who signed up tongue. I've gathered the impression from FFH14 that your playing time is pretty limited, though. As long as the turns are short, I can play in the morning, lunchtime, or evening, but I am probably the least skilled of the three of us. I also travel for work sometimes, and would probably miss some or all of my normal playing times. Ilios?

Erm...

I guess I could, if Ichabod, who signed up for this in the first place (wink), isn't willing/able, but I'm pretty limited to CET evenings (no way I can play this in the morning).

Oh dear, everyone better sharpen their Civ skills, because we're playing this on Normal Speed. smile

Ilios Wrote:Oh dear, everyone better sharpen their Civ skills

Or at least load up on patience. I hope no one loses interest when it takes two weeks to build the first worker, and a month before a second city is settled.

By the way, our team is surging to an early lead for the spam-it-up award jive

Ilios Wrote:Erm...

I guess I could, if Ichabod, who signed up for this in the first place (wink), isn't willing/able, but I'm pretty limited to CET evenings (no way I can play this in the morning).

No problem, I can play (like DaveV pointed out, I was the one who signed up for it). If I need a sub, I'll let you guys know through email or this thread. I have both your emails from the FFH PBEM XIV game.

Ilios Wrote:Oh dear, everyone better sharpen their Civ skills, because we're playing this on Normal Speed. smile

Normal... yikes

Well, I always played normal speed in my SP games. And since I only played FfH MP, then I have no experience with BTS on quick speed. So, maybe it's best, after all!

Interestingly enough, a warrior from our first hut might be a good result (since it'll be likely that we won't get a tech). Another early unit would do wonder for defense and allow a big gamble in our opening.

We need a naming scheme, guys. I'm very bad at thinking of interesting things to use as naming schemes, so ideas will be welcomed!

Ichabod Wrote:We need a naming scheme, guys. I'm very bad at thinking of interesting things to use as naming schemes, so ideas will be welcomed!

It almost has to be FfH based. How about civ capitals for city names (that gives us 21 city names)? If we're going to name units, we could go with great person names or hero names, or even god names.

Ilios Wrote:Entered the game, works just fine. smile

Do we have a password or something? You can email it to me and Dave, if that's the case.

And on not so related news, the metagaming starts (sorry, werewolf player here, I can't resist it - I'm also looking forward for the "Gaspar Award for Best Clairvoyance Skill"): here's what was posted in the tech thread:

Mist Wrote:Hi, can you wait up with starting the game?
There's one thing with the map I have doubts with and need a second opinion from other lurkers
24h delay would be useful for resolving the problem
Thanks

So, people were complaining about the map, that they didn't get the resources the Game Settings told they would. I doubt Ceiliazul and Mist will let such an obvious mistake with the map get through. I also don't believe that someone started with all the BFC of his settled-in-place capital revealed (without the scout movement). So I think the teams that are complaining have extra resources in the fog and now Mist doesn't know what to do about it: if he lets them know, they get free info, if he doesn't let them know, they probably get indirect free info too...

Ok, I'm really grasping at staws here!

Anyway, since I have to vote: SevenSpirits

lol