For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] What, no fireballs?! Team FFH: we're not in Erebus anymore

Quote:So, people were complaining about the map, that they didn't get the resources the Game Settings told they would.

Nah. Not due to player complaints. We're deciding how many submarines we're going to put in the sea. And whether to turn on Acheron.

Selrahc Wrote:Nah. Not due to player complaints. We're deciding how many submarines we're going to put in the sea. And whether to turn on Acheron.

lol

And since we are the FfH joke thread too, I finally discovered, while reading Spullla's PB 2 thread) why Sareln always gets rushed:

Sareln Wrote:Honestly, I'm curious why Kodii would think that Mortious would hold a grudge over the early elimination. I mean, the game is 13 turns in, hardly enough time for someone to get deeply invested in either their diplomacy or their CIV in general IMO.

He was talking about the early ellimination of Mortius. So, Karma decided to show Sareln how bad a feeling it could be and the rest is history...

Just kidding, Sareln. :neenernee

Ichabod Wrote:So, people were complaining about the map, that they didn't get the resources the Game Settings told they would. I doubt Ceiliazul and Mist will let such an obvious mistake with the map get through. I also don't believe that someone started with all the BFC of his settled-in-place capital revealed (without the scout movement). So I think the teams that are complaining have extra resources in the fog and now Mist doesn't know what to do about it: if he lets them know, they get free info, if he doesn't let them know, they probably get indirect free info too...

Ok, I'm really grasping at staws here!

Anyway, since I have to vote: SevenSpirits

lol

Erm, the game that is now up is a test-game, and is no way related to the screenshots we were shown.

If you'd like check said test game:

Multiplayer -> Direct IP connection

enter: "sunrise089.dyndns.org:2061" (without the quotes, no spaces)

Grab Ghengis Khan - Password : FFH

Ilios Wrote:Erm, the game that is now up is a test-game, and is no way related to the screenshots we were shown.

If you'd like check said test game:

Multiplayer -> Direct IP connection

enter: "sunrise089.dyndns.org:2061" (without the quotes, no spaces)

Grab Ghengis Khan - Password : FFH

I know. But the real game wasn't uploaded yet because of these strange problems that require lurker attention. It's a conspiracy, I tell you. shhh

Selrahc Wrote:Nah. Not due to player complaints. We're deciding how many submarines we're going to put in the sea. And whether to turn on Acheron.

Why is this even a question? Obviously you want both on! Dragon's Hoard is so strong, it's not even a game if you can't get it.

On a different note: Good luck, guys! I'll be your friendly dedlurker, if you don't mind smile. Even though it's tempting to jump ship and help with the Gaspawards.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

DaveV Wrote:It almost has to be FfH based. How about civ capitals for city names (that gives us 21 city names)? If we're going to name units, we could go with great person names or hero names, or even god names.

I like the way you think - but I'm not a fan of the city names in FFH, really, I don't want to export them. Suppose you went with World Spells, instead?

And of course, since it's Normal speed, in honor of the early game, I nominate Stasis for your capital alright
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Sheesh. 36 posts already and no fancy pants plan to beeline Gibbon to terraform all your land? huh

wink
fnord

Ichabod Wrote:I know. But the real game wasn't uploaded yet because of these strange problems that require lurker attention. It's a conspiracy, I tell you. shhh

Oh... shhh

Mardoc Wrote:Why is this even a question? Obviously you want both on! Dragon's Hoard is so strong, it's not even a game if you can't get it.

I sure hope Acheron doesn't spawn near us... frown

Mardoc Wrote:On a different note: Good luck, guys! I'll be your friendly dedlurker, if you don't mind smile. Even though it's tempting to jump ship and help with the Gaspawards.

Welcome aboard! Leave the Gaspawards to the dull and shallow. Oh wait, no that's the Oscars... duh

Mardoc Wrote:I like the way you think - but I'm not a fan of the city names in FFH, really, I don't want to export them. Suppose you went with World Spells, instead?

And of course, since it's Normal speed, in honor of the early game, I nominate Stasis for your capital alright

Hmm, I'm not wild with either idea. Let's keep thinking.

Thoth Wrote:Sheesh. 36 posts already and no fancy pants plan to beeline Gibbon to terraform all your land? huh

Oh man, our secret plan, exposed! nono

<Insert obligatory FFH joke here>

I think I'll watch this here smile

I've always wanted to watch a pitboss game from the start and this games wins by having only public diplomacy tongue not even mentioning the awesomeness of a FFH team.

I thought it would be handy to give a recap of the time worker actions need on BtS Normal Speed.

Road:

Grass/Plains: 2t
Desert/Tundra: 3t

Farm:

Grass/Plains: 5t
Desert/Tundra: 7t

Cottage:

Grass/Plains: 4t
Desert/Tundra: 5t

Mine:

Grass/Plains: 4t
Desert/Tundra: 5t

Chop:

Grass/Plains: 3t
Desert (wink)/Tundra: 4t

Settlers = 100 hammers.
Workers = 50 hammers.
Workboats = 30 hammers.

If I made a mistake, let me know. smile

I think I'll copy this into one of our reserved posts, and add new stuff (like Lumbermills) accordingly.