Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] What, no fireballs?! Team FFH: we're not in Erebus anymore

Ilios Wrote:Erm... Didn't you do that already? smoke

I thought we were going to discuss what to tech first. By the way, I think we should go Agri > BW.

Ilios Wrote:Bah, what's one beaker...

Agreed lol

Ichabod Wrote:I think we should go Agri > BW.

Agreed.

I should have some time tonight for a full micro plan, unless someone else wants to step up. smile

Oh, and I agreed with what you said earlier

Worker - Worker (partially, grow to size 2 when Gold mine is up) - Warrior (partially, till size two) - finish Worker - finish Warrior

Ilios Wrote:Agreed.

I should have some time tonight for a full micro plan, unless someone else wants to step up. smile

I'll probably do some sandboxing too.

Just one quick thing: the loss of a beaker is actually a "blessing in disguise". It shows the importance of a designated turn player. I knew I had to select the tech before ending turn, while Ilios didn't, since he thought I had done it already. If I played the turn, I'd have done it.

I don't mind not being the turnplayer, but if I'm designated to do so (or if we choose one of you guys to do so), then it's best to wait for me to play and end the turns. Only exception is when I ask for someone to play it for me.

And I won't participate in the "finish your turn already" discussion in the tech thread for now. But I fully agree with Serdoa. There's a 24h timer and I have limited access to my civ computer. I need this 24h and I only signed up because the game would have a 24h timer. I'll finish the turn when I'm ready and that's it, be it the first or the last to do so. I don't feel like being forced to play earlier.

Hopefully, I'm not sounding too much like a crazy man or a dictator (or a crazy dictator), but I think it's best to let these things settled from the start, to avoid possible arguments later.

[SIZE="2"]On a more game related question:[/SIZE]

Where should we move the scout and warrior?

Warrior, I'd say on the plains hill forest. I think we can afford to scout with him a bit, but he should head to the capital fairly soon.

Scout: we could either explore the northern coast, by going 1N or 1NE, or keep heading inland to the west (1W, 1NW or something). We really need to explore that coast tiles for a good northern city placement. But I think we can afford to do so later. The most important thing to have in mind is that we are on a race to find huts, gamebreaking huts. So, I'd say to go inland and explore the coast later.

Ilios Wrote:Oh, and I agreed with what you said earlier

Worker - Worker (partially, grow to size 2 when Gold mine is up) - Warrior (partially, till size two) - finish Worker - finish Warrior

Start growing to size 2 when the corn mine is done and I think we will get to size 2 at the same time the mine is up. Well, that's why we need to sandbox a bit.

Ichabod Wrote:Start growing to size 2 when the corn mine is done and I think we will get to size 2 at the same time the mine is up.

Yeah, that's what I meant. smile

I agree that scouting the shore can wait. Any potential coastal city will most likely be a backline, filler city. The scout should be trying to pop huts before barb warriors and archers start spawning (and kill him). I'd vote for SE for the warrior, so he doesn't get too far from our city. The plains hill would give a nice view of the surroundings, but he should probably move straight back home if he goes there.

Ichabod: I'm fine with you playing the turns and making the final decisions. It's better to act boldly and follow a plan than to be conservative and live in fear of doing something wrong.

I've decided to designate Team FfH as my main source of information about this brave new world. But seeing as I am spoiled rotten, my influence will be at the same level as David Beckham at the world cup. No advice from me!
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Ichabod Wrote:Just one quick thing: the loss of a beaker is actually a "blessing in disguise". It shows the importance of a designated turn player. I knew I had to select the tech before ending turn, while Ilios didn't, since he thought I had done it already. If I played the turn, I'd have done it.

I don't mind not being the turnplayer, but if I'm designated to do so (or if we choose one of you guys to do so), then it's best to wait for me to play and end the turns. Only exception is when I ask for someone to play it for me.

Agreed.

Ichabod Wrote:And I won't participate in the "finish your turn already" discussion in the tech thread for now. But I fully agree with Serdoa. There's a 24h timer and I have limited access to my civ computer. I need this 24h and I only signed up because the game would have a 24h timer. I'll finish the turn when I'm ready and that's it, be it the first or the last to do so. I don't feel like being forced to play earlier.

If by this you mean my remark, trust me, it was simply a playful poke. smile

If you mean Lord Parkin's ramblings, I agree, he shouldn't be arguing that one team is holding up 17 other teams, if the turn hasn't rolled yet.

Ichabod Wrote:Where should we move the scout and warrior?

Warrior, I'd say on the plains hill forest. I think we can afford to scout with him a bit, but he should head to the capital fairly soon.

Scout: we could either explore the northern coast, by going 1N or 1NE, or keep heading inland to the west (1W, 1NW or something). We really need to explore that coast tiles for a good northern city placement. But I think we can afford to do so later. The most important thing to have in mind is that we are on a race to find huts, gamebreaking huts. So, I'd say to go inland and explore the coast later.

Agreed, but we should unfog it before we finish our first Settler.

DaveV Wrote:It's better to act boldly and follow a plan than to be conservative and live in fear of doing something wrong.

QFT

Brian Shanahan Wrote:I've decided to designate Team FfH as my main source of information about this brave new world. But seeing as I am spoiled rotten, my influence will be at the same level as David Beckham at the world cup. No advice from me!

The more's the merrier!

Free tech for Slowcheetah (Wang Kong).