For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] What, no fireballs?! Team FFH: we're not in Erebus anymore

[SIZE="3"]Turn 2 - 3920 BC: What does a stone taste like?[/SIZE]

Our brave Ilian scouts headed west after careful deliberation. Upon arriving on a beautiful forest, one of them climbed the highest tree to take a look around.

-So, what did you see up there, boy? - asked the captain.

-I don't know exactly... It seems some sort of... Well, cheese...

-Cheese?

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0139.JPG]

But that type of grey cheese was too sophisticated for the taste of those poor fellows. They couldn't eat more then 1 or 2. But the captain took some of it with him, maybe the sages could figure out something about it. Maybe it'd be good on the soup...

*For the uninitiated: There's no stone resource in FfH*

Well, we are indeed lucky. A city on the stone could very well be a serious contender for the Pyramids (it has fish for growth and a lot of forests), if we want to take the risk. I'd say it's not worth it (we can get Monarchy fast enough anyway). Either way, it's very helpful to have stone, even if we are only going to use it for the Oxford University.

By the way, I'm a coward. I moved the warrior to the ivory tile... We have so much going for us that I'd hate to see we lose the game due to an empty capital... cry

Ichabod Wrote:By the way, I'm a coward. I moved the warrior to the ivory tile... We have so much going for us that I'd hate to see we lose the game due to an empty capital... cry

Smart decision, IMO. We've had lots of good luck so far; no point in pushing things too far and losing it all.

Scout SW-S (or SW, I can't tell whether the tile SW of stone has plants) seems like the logical next move. Warrior is going straight back to the capital?

Nice! smile

We were talking earlier about a Mathematics beeline, Hanging Gardens anyone?

Ichabod Wrote:Well, we are indeed lucky. A city on the stone could very well be a serious contender for the Pyramids (it has fish for growth and a lot of forests), if we want to take the risk. I'd say it's not worth it (we can get Monarchy fast enough anyway). Either way, it's very helpful to have stone, even if we are only going to use it for the Oxford University.

Another handy little bonus: this is always war, and BtS walls/castles are actually worth building occasionally. And are doubled by stone.

In particular, I believe stone will make whipping walls much easier in emergencies. Just something to keep in the back of your mind smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Ilios Wrote:Nice! smile

We were talking earlier about a Mathematics beeline, Hanging Gardens anyone?

It's definetely a good idea. But we would need a good number of cities to make it worth it. But I really like the idea.

Mardoc Wrote:Another handy little bonus: this is always war, and BtS walls/castles are actually worth building occasionally. And are doubled by stone.

In particular, I believe stone will make whipping walls much easier in emergencies. Just something to keep in the back of your mind smile.

That's true. Hopefully we won't need it, though. lol

So, scout moves 2SW or 1SW - 1S and the warrior moves 1SE? The warrior move will make him take one more turn to reach the capital, but it'll reveal some tiles. Now that Mackseven has settled, I think we are safe to make the little detour.

Ichabod Wrote:So, scout moves 2SW or 1SW - 1S and the warrior moves 1SE? The warrior move will make him take one more turn to reach the capital, but it'll reveal some tiles. Now that Mackseven has settled, I think we are safe to make the little detour.

Agreed.

By the way, I really hope there's a food resource to our west, because only having the floodplains would suck.

Anyway, what we've seen so far is already much lusher than the horrible land I had to work with in Pitboss 3. smile

Ilios Wrote:By the way, I really hope there's a food resource to our west, because only having the floodplains would suck.

Anyway, what we've seen so far is already much lusher than the horrible land I had to work with in Pitboss 3. smile

Go ahead and move the scout, if you have the time, Ilios. Let's just wait a bit for the input of Dave in the warrior movement.

[Image: T3Hut.JPG]

jive

Lurkers may think this is pure luck. But in reality this is the fruit of a lot of study into the game's code and the map scripts. Me, Ilios and Dave have been debating a lot behind the scenes about the exact moves we should do. It involves a lot of mathematics, of course...

rolleye