For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Slowcheetah is Wang Kon of Inca

My screen resolution doesn't fit my laptop, I could change it but there are two problems.

1) If I do change it to the correct aspect ratio's my cityview screens cuts the top off of the top second ring tiles. This irritates me, so I don't bother using it.

2) Even if i do change the setting it changes right back everytime I restart the game, switching it back and forth is pretty annoying as well.

The screenshots themselves are just print screen, dropbox, post.

You're also right with regards to the city site waterbat, although this may turn into a culture war. Luckily sleeping moogle isn't created and terraces are pretty good for culture wars.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0415.JPG]

I'm also being plagued by barb warriors, but they should be no problem to take out, considering illl soon be up to a chariot per city.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0417.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0418.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0419.JPG]

The barbs have you surrounded!

is that an unpopped hut on the tile marked "filler?" is there a reason to wait to pop it?
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

waterbat Wrote:The barbs have you surrounded!

is that an unpopped hut on the tile marked "filler?" is there a reason to wait to pop it?

I didn't have a unit spare earlier on in the game and it didnt seem under threat, I'll probably pop it with a chariot fairly soon

11 days since update, come on!! smile

Sorry about the lack of updates guys.

So we are at turn 83, and my empire is out at four cities:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0522.JPG]

The most recent aquisition CelibateBonobo (lola brilliant name from the mind of kjn). It's going to be a bit of a slow starter, this isn't exactly new for my cities in this game. The terrace will be whipped to completion once I grow and a workboat will quickly follow. I'm hoping to put Moai in the city fairly soon, but I'll probably put a library in first in order to run some scientists. Even though my capital is pretty terrible, I will be able to put a fair amount of cottages there; an academy seems worthwhile.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0520.JPG]
Note, the city does have crabs as well as grasshill copper, the city screen renders that pretty much impossible to see

In my more established cities, ObeseAntelope is currently nannying some cottages. I'm going to grow her one more size and stagnate on a settler build, whipping to completion.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0517.JPG]

GroundedFalcon and 4getful Elephant are both on military duty; this'll be constitutive for 4getful elephant because it is rather a bad city. However, GroundedFalcon's build queue may change depending on circumstances...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0531.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0532.JPG]

The 'circumstances' are (shockingly) caused by my neighbours. Firstly and perhaps more worryingly; my eastern neighbour Meiz is one turn away from HBR. He currently has lower power than me, without any sign of dips. This indicates that he probably isn't under attack from the other neighbour and is thus probably researching aggressively, and why wouldn't the only player allowed to use elephants want to attack the guy sitting on Ivory. Consequently, I'm building lots of spearman and I already have a fair few chariots if he comes at me with axes.

The second circumstances are caused by SleepingMoogle; he got a shockingly late Judaism grab which popped a holy city right on my borders.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0519.JPG]

A few turns ago I had an opportunity to raze (70% odds), however, since I was lacking the Parkin will for clockwatching I didn't actually execute the double move.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0482.JPG]

By the time I got online there was a spearman sitting in the city. However, despite holy city culture I still have dreams of claiming that gold.

To that end I am founding a city next turn (under the chariot in the top picture), and one at the city sign. The city next turn will have a terrace chopped in two turns, and athough it is unlikely I will ever claim the gold, both cities form a nice defensible border between Moogle 'n' Me. Also coastal tiles are pretty nice as FIN.

I've continued scouting with a solo chariot, unfortunately he ended turn with a mild risk of death.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0518.JPG]

Hopefully, the threat of barbarians dissuades Moogle from attacking with the Pointystickedterror.

My other troops are doing a little better; this guy is 2xp from unlocking the Heroic Epic, and being renamed to
Tits Mcgee: Pride of the Empire.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0521.JPG]

Demographics and Graphs

Note I am at 0% research so the GNP is a little low; at 100% I am 6th and 60% (sustainable) I am 9th. Although I do have terraces everywhere so have reasonable culture, which obviously inflates the stat a little. Happily, I am at least competitive with my neighbours in pretty much all categories.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0523.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0526.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0527.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0528.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0529.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0530.JPG]

My current techpath is Mono-> Monarchy-> (double revolt)-> Currency. I really, really need the happiness.

Final question for any lurkers; in my shot of ObeseAntelope you will see that Quecha's are still on my build queue. I have copper hooked so I thought they'd be obsoleted, are they still there due to their status as unique units?

Quote:Final question for any lurkers; in my shot of ObeseAntelope you will see that Quecha's are still on my build queue. I have copper hooked so I thought they'd be obsoleted, are they still there due to their status as unique units?

Yup. Quechuas don't obsolete till macemen.

regoarrarr Wrote:Yup. Quechuas don't obsolete till macemen.
Yep. They're great for Hereditary Rule happiness boosting.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Cheers guys thumbsup

Everything's continuing as it was. Sleeping Moogle and me appear to have a stationary border and I am attempting to apply cultural pressure to a holy city; by founding Cultural Slug. A completely worthless city economically but hopefully it will allow me to hold my border with Moogle.

My lands:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0576.JPG]

Here's a shot of my Heroic Epic unlocking Chariot; he beat up on an axe in a barren wasteland for his final point of XP.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0577.JPG]

Meiz is researching construction now; I seriously hope he doesn't have ivory to call his very own.