I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Slowcheetah is Wang Kon of Inca

Rumor has it you've been attacked yikes Is this the case?

The rumour is true, I have been attacked. I apologise for not updating much, but my wrist has been aching so I didn't really feel like typing. But it's feeling a bit better now so I'll give you guys an update (at least for this game).

Anyway, as I'm sure Meiz has detailed in his thread he took my ivory city (4getful elephant) with Horse Archers. Unfortunately he attacked at the worst possible time for the city (and double moved due to me playing much later than usual). I had just taken two archers from the garrison down to my planned silver city. He also attacked at a lower power level than me, which was why it came as such a surprise.

Potential Silver city site

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0606.JPG]

Not content with forcing my citizens to live in a place called 'Sad Bean', he's also pillaged all the best food tiles from my woefully exposed capital. He's also exposed a certain amount of worker weed (I keep forgetting to cancel their movement at the EOT), and my workforce is now down to five members (with one in grave danger).

State of play

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0604.JPG]

This attack has pretty much ruined any chance I have of becoming relevant to the whole game, but it's AW and I think I'm going to have to have fun pissing around in a lowtech war with Meiz (which may improve some of my woeful tactics). I have to continue the war because I can't really afford to have my capital this exposed (besides I don't want him having ballista elephants).

I have 6 spearman and three chariots in the area, all of which can be used offensively without worrying about losing cities. One of the chariots is a medic and one is C2 Shock, all of my spears are unpromoted.

Meiz has
Three HA next to my Obese Antelope.
Three Ha and a Chariot in Sad Bean
HA, Axe and Spear on the way to Sad Bean

All HA are combat 2, and the chariot is Medic 1

I do still have access to copper (I don't know whether Meiz thinks he pilfered my only source), so all ancient era troops (read crap) are available to me. I will start teching construction once sailing completes.

The plans currently include pillaging the connected ivory, and denying him his UU, and laying siege to Sadbean within the next few turns. My spears still get odds on his HA's (which won't get city defensive bonuses), so if I can get that axe out of the way I should be able to take the city back (at admittedly high cost). Monarchy has come in, and I will be teching construction once sailing completes. He already has construction, so I need to act fast before catapults start showing up.

*bump* obligatory nag after 1 month + 1 day - how's it going in the land of the incas? Has SadBean been recovered?
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

Ok folks, apologies for not reporting this more, between exams, horse archers and the angry nature of the tech thread I became pretty disengaged from the game.

All in all I probably should have done better; taking a look at the lurker thread I've been nominated for the "leastest with the mostest award"lol

FinInca was probably one of the most powerful leader/civ there is no question about that. However, I completely screwed over my start by settling my capital with a plains sheep and two floodplains for food resources. Despite this I think I was actually doing ok before Meiz's horse archers came. They actually attacked at the worst possible moment, I had moved two archers from my border city 4getful elephant to garrison a planned new silver expansion designed to grab silver. Meiz played it well and easily took the city, meaning I lost border control on my east and hence got very hemmed in, and I lost a very good hammer and primary military production city for that stage of the game.

Things looked pretty bad and I had to whip my civilisation pretty hard to defend. I think I had 5 unhappy faces from whipping in my capital at one point. Spears were produced everywhere and in combination with a great general spear I managed to hold my capital. Things then settled down; Meiz had got his elephants and though I could defend against Meiz's horse archers in my main empire, due to my fairly good road network which circumvented their movement within my borders somewhat I couldn't really attack out with spears , even with the stack of cats I'd also accrued. Meiz stopped his raids, I assume because he was checked out himself or had troubles with Yuris on his other side.

Anyway, things had pretty much stalemated. I'd founded some shit cities to a)Claim resources
b)Be culturally annoying to Meiz

and my overall plan was to tech up to guilds and go and attack Meiz with knights (note I probably would have started my golden age at a different point had it not been obvious the game was ending.

Anyway here is my overall empire:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0760.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0761.JPG]

My Capital

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0759.JPG]

Demographics

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0762.JPG]

I am in a golden age, but I did have a pretty high GNP even out of it in the last few turns. Maybe enough to save me from the 'leastest with the mostest?:neenernee

On the subject of awards I probably don't deserve the dogged defense one either. I whipped out a load of spears, followed by a load of catapults, and then Meiz decided not to pursue mutual destruction.

Yeah sorry about that lol. My land pretty much forced me to get offensive, and your lands would have fitted the best for my empire. I figured with financial neighbor and your lands, it would be only a matter of time before you'd get the tech superiority. I also had very good choke point against Yuris.

I thought you would concentrate mostly on archers (being protective), and hoped that your second copper would have not been connected. Yet you got nice amount of spears in place to counter my attack, so I failed to get your capital in quick sweep. And after that the idea of attacking came even harder since you surely would have gathered enough defenses in time. My production just wasn't good enough. I did not dare to send everything against you with Yuris's troops hanging nearby my borders...

Yeah I think you made the right play, I was saved pretty much solely by heredity rule otherwise there is no way I could have produced enough spears to counter the horse archers. Let alone the damned elephantslol.