I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Land of Chaos - HitAnyKey

Sweet! I just popped the Hunting Tech from the hut up in the desert.

Exploration continues, nothing else special in the world at this time. smile

So I have now met plako. His scout is passing by mine. Looks like I'll have to turn around and make a beeline for that Hut now, just to make sure he doesn't accidentally get to it first. He could theoretically get to it on the 4th turn after this one. That's also the fastest that I can get to it. So depending on which way he goes the next couple turns, I may have to make sure that I log in before him on turn 4.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG]

There's a mountain range there in the NE, and based on where I ran into his scout (since I was 2 tiles NW of my current position and didn't see him coming from the NE), I'm going to guess that he's south of that range. Which means, he's probably directly east of me.

I really need to start thinking about where I might want my second city. That jungle there is going to be annoying. I would have liked to go almost directly east for my second city (since it looks like that's a peninsula south of me, so I should have time to expand that way without anyone jumping in ahead of me). So I need to start out by going east or northeast with my expansion. But none of that area looks particularly promising in the early game due to the jungle. frown

Do you not want to pop it with your warrior?

regoarrarr Wrote:Do you not want to pop it with your warrior?
Don't popping it with Scouts yield better results? I want a bigger chance of getting a tech or something really good. It's been awhile, but my experience with popping huts with warriors tend to be gold, maps, or barbarians.....
I'd rather not waste the 8 turns it's going to take to go down and get it with my scout, when he could be more useful exploring....but I'd rather the increased odds of a better hut result.

Well, I just found another hut. So my scout will be taking a detour anyway. I'll get that hut, and then go get the other one. I'll keep my warrior somewhat close the other hut just in case plako's scout shows up nearby.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG]

Well the first hut just got me gold, and then last turn I started to send the scout over to the other hut. But this turn I decided to just use the warrior to grab the hut instead of wasting all that time sending the scout over there. It yielded just a stupid useless map. I probably should have waited and sent the scout. Oh well.
Now the scout will just continue eastward through the jungle, and the warrior will simply head home.

My worker will be completed in 3 turns and Pottery completed in 4 (or the reverse, I just forgot and don't feel like logging back in to check). I'll send the worker to the floodplain to make the Cottage as his first action. Then he'll head back to the Corn for the farm (or to the hill if Mining is finished by then).
Next up in production in the city, for the moment will be another scout or another warrior. Haven't fully decided yet. I should probably do a warrior so that I can plan my second city. Still don't know where I'm going to put it yet.

HitAnyKey Wrote:It yielded just a stupid useless map. I probably should have waited and sent the scout. Oh well.

Scouts pop maps just as well as warriors do. The difference is solely that a scout won't pop barbarians.

So with T13, my worker is now complete. He has moved up to the flood-plain to make my cottage. By the time he finishes that, I'll have finished Mining and I'll head back to the hill west of my city to make a mine. After that mine, I'll farm the Corn. So the worker has his work cut out for him. lol

As for Speedy Gonzalez (my scout) he has walked up a hill inside of plako's borders to at least allow me to see his city. I got hurt by that Lion a couple turns ago, so next turn he'll move out of plako's borders to a forest somewhere and then sit still until he heals before heading further north. I'm assuming xenu is north of plako since I ran across his scout right at plako's border.

I decided to make myself a warrior next, so that I can then make another settler right after (I'll finish the warrior and grow on the same turn, 8 turns from now). By then I'll decide if I'm going to head to one of the spots I've marked as Spot 1 or 2 on the map below.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG]

I may have to rethink some of my plans when I get home tonight. A dead scout, and plako & xenu possibly thinking about eventual plans to work together to wipe me out.....might mean different requirements of things I need to do. banghead

Could you also explain why you're ordering your worker's tile improvements the way you are?