Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Land of Chaos - HitAnyKey

Nicolae Carpathia Wrote:As in, am I pumping a continuous stream of units? Then settle it is. Sprinkling the xp over several units is also a decent idea. I'd never use him to make a super combat unit, it's too easy to lose 80% battles and have all that combat advantage go down the drain. Hedge your bets by making more of your units have slightly increased odds, instead of one unit having increased odds.

Hmm, yeah. I've just started realizing that maybe I should just settle him. I should have actually done so long ago, since the units I already made in that city could have had a couple extra XP.
Especially since I'd get a new GG almost immediately after any fighting starts, it's not like I would be without a super-healer for long, if that ends up being the choice.
But I still have about 7 more turns before the Heroic Epic finishes, so no reason to make any decision before then. And I'll also have Horseback Riding at that time, so settling then may be good for getting some good horse archer units as also stated.

So assmunch LP sank my Titanic galley....and then named his Trireme to Iceberg. I did get a little snicker out of his new ship name. And though in the Diplo thread I did bitch about the fact that my ship wasn't doing anything....that's only partially true. After all, I was going to be attempting to jump it in to get sight of what's in his city and then send it back out again. So his sinking it was actually called for....but don't need to let him actually know that. LOL

In other news, next turn I'll meet Pindicator. I see the edges of his borders 5 tiles west of Sixpool.

So just a quick update. Not much of anything going on. My Heroic Epic will be finished in 3 turns (not worth whipping, since it'll cost 3 Pop to do it right now nd the city already takes so long to grow and I'm going to need all the Pop I can get to crank out units working those hill mines) and the National Epic will be finished a few turns after that. Some of the other cities have already finished their most needed infrastructure and are pre-building some units which I'll complete after I switch back to Theocracy.

Leader is still continuing his quest, and next turn I'll happily meet sunrise.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0150.jpg]

I'm building cash at the moment. Currently having my couple beakers per turn going into Metal Casting, but once I start research again I'll most likely do Horseback Riding first since at that time I'll be in the process of building military and some horse archers would be good.
Actually, just realized I should definitely do that. I'll log back in later and switch to HBR. And maybe see if I can finish it in 3 turns before the bank runs out. That way once Heroic Epic finishes, I can quickly make a Stable, and THEN switch to Theocracy and use that city for making the horse archers. I've already decided I'm gonna settle the Great General there. So that would have the horses coming out with 9 XP (which for me is 3 promotions right out of the gate).

So there won't be much of anything to update for the next few turns, other than maybe more screen shots of Speaker's Travels.

So where I met sunrise, he has what looks like a pretty new city smack dab in the middle of a couple mountain ranges (I'll post a picture after I'm home from work, though might not get to it until tomorrow night). And from my recollection, this is probably the mountainous area that sunrise, pindicator, and ichabod were all discussing. So it's likely that ichabod is also nearby, so I'll head north through the mountain pass to get around it that way. With any luck I'll meet him that way pretty quickly. Then all I need to do is head west to hopefully meet Nakor before Sunrise/Ichabod destroy the remnants of him. But I want to explore that way no matter what before I turn back to find Meiz....and then eventually trigger a golden age. Though I may just decide to do so before I find Meiz. Especially once I start on military again, as a way to really pump out units fast for those 8 turns.

Just a quick photo update of The Adventures of Speaker:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0151.jpg]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0152.jpg]
Looks like I chose the right direction to go, since I see Ichabod's border over to the NE a bit. So next turn I will meet him.

Then all I'll have left is Meiz & Tatan. May not get to meet Tatan, and not sure I feel like spending all that time to bring the spy all the way back east to meet Meiz. I did really want to meet them, but it may not happen since I think I'm going to want my golden age soon.

I'm actually half tempted to switch my direction altogether and just toss my entire stack of units at LP's city I'm On A Boat. Just to see if I could possibly Raze it. That alone might possibly get everyone to vote for me as winner of the game, by being the only one to destroy one of LP's cities. smoke
Probably is I don't see that as even a slim chance of success. I sadly don't have any spies, so can't get visibility in the city. So I don't know what he has there. But I know form his tech he's gotta have Longbows & Macemen and the like in there. Even a large stack from my wouldn't do much.
So my only choice is to try taking XCom's city, so that I can get at least one captured city under my belt before the game ends.

I'm also now tempted to trigger that golden age as soon as I meet Ichabod. Forget about Tatan and Meiz, or any further exploring. Doing that has no real meaning anymore, I think. Though I should probably get a few of my cities to grow another Pop point or two before I do that, to get maximum benefit out of the golden age extra production/commerce.

Right now just adding some screenshots I had saved on the laptop last week but forgot to post.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0009.jpg]

This was the army I used to take Seneca Niagara. The city had like 3 archers, a dog soldier, and a wounded catapult that he had tossed at my first 3 units that got next to the city first.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0008.jpg]
And this was the Demos on that turn. These are during the golden age I had triggered.