Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Land of Chaos - HitAnyKey

Didn't bother taking an screenie's this turn, but may do so next turn. Not a ton going on. Whipped the Granary in my capital, and will build another axe next while I grow. It's now a puny size city again, but it should grow back pretty quick with having a Granary now. Gonna chop the Monument in Dragon's Mouth, since I need that border pop to get me some horses. The other city is still stuck at 1 Pop while working the copper mine, so he's making me another worker now that he's finished the Spearman.
Thor saw a warrior of plako's apparently guarding the valley. I was hoping to double-move him, but he logged in after I did during the same turn and moved him way. I guess now it's my turn to guard the area, since I don't have enough units around to try to chase him. smile

Oh, and I see LP has taken a city from TT. So at least that's confirmation that he's not looking my direction for any bad things, since he's spending his aggression over there.

Hmmm, odd. I'm actually a little confused. I was just looking at Civstats and noticed my score change for this turn. I went from 114 to 122, yet the only thing I can think of that happened this turn was that my city grew from 3 to 4. huh

Could it be land points? That could be it if you founded a city 20 turns ago or had borders expand.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Population points give score.
I have to run.

Looks like it’s going to be impossible to ever double-move plako. Dude seems to keep an exact eye on Civstats and be able to log in at any time of day. I’ve been chasing around his Archer down in the jungle with my Axe. When I was finally able to connect while at work today and play that part of my turn, he logged in a mere 5 minutes later to move the archer across the river so that I couldn’t attack it this turn. I mean, in reality that’s mostly what I want…for him to get his units away from me and back onto his side of the river, but killing the Archer that was still wounded from killing LP’s scout would have been a nice benefit. But doesn’t look like that will happen. As long as next turn he keeps his Archer on his side of the river (ie. going home), I’ll head back home as well. After all, I’m not going to chase an archer into the range of whatever Chariots he most likely has.

I’ll do a more detailed update later when I’m home, as I realized I haven’t done any updates in awhile.

Why are you trying so hard to double move him? I thought this was supposed to be a "casual" game?

regoarrarr Wrote:Why are you trying so hard to double move him? I thought this was supposed to be a "casual" game?

I'm not really trying hard, more like just seeing if it actually works out. I'm not purposely holding up turns or anything like that. He double-moved me twice, so I was just trying to get retribution. smile
But since it's not going to happen, I'm not going to bother continuing as long as he is sending the archer homewards.

Finally getting around to doing some sort of update. But it's going to be somewhat brief. First an image is worth a few dozen words:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0039.jpg]

Settler #4 is on the way, and next turn I get two more workers out. The one up my Hard Knocks is going to pair up with the worker who is already up there. The current plan is to make a Farm in that tile SE of the city. I need a farm, otherwise that city will never grow well.
The other two workers will be finishing up a farm in 2 turns. Not entirely sure what order to do things next with them. The borders of Dragon's Mouth doesn't expand for 6 turns, so they can't Pasture the horses until then. I'm tempted to have them go one tile north and cut down that tree for Puddle of Doom for the Settler. Or to head over and build a road on the Gems to be ready for when IW allows me to chop the jungle. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the chop.

I'm also still quite tempted to start work on the Pyramids after the Settler. Even if someone beats me to it, I could really use the cash boost the failed wonder will provide.

Just curious, but why are you wanting to build the Pyramids? Are you wanting to use the civics unlocked? Wanting the GE points? Wanting it purely for denial and/or the culture points? Or even just the fail gold?

All of the above? smile

Well as I'm sure you recall from the many games we have played in the past, I do get kind of Wonder-crazy at times. It's one of my flaws. I just can't help myself sometimes.
The unlocked civics is certainly a good thing, as is the GE points. And if I don't get it, the gold is a big plus at this point in the game as I need to get my research going back to full blast. It's probably not a good idea to even attempt it, but it's tough to resist since I have the Stone resource which it's likely there aren't a whole lot of other people that have it. So I could theoretically have a good chance of finishing it before other people.