I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP7 - SPOILERS - Genghis Khan of Egypt

regoarrarr Wrote:What are the odds this thread gets regularly updated? lol

Not great, but I'll try...

It helps that apparently updating gets me good micro advice wink

Planted. Exciting picture no one has seen before wink

[Image: RBP7%20t1.jpg]

Worker first is 12t, working a 3/0/1 tile. Warrior first is 8t growing the same turn. My sense is with 4 awesome tiles I want to delay growth to get the worker what, 6t sooner? I'll keep my warrior at home so I'm not terribly worried about military.

The other question is techs. As T-hawk said I want to chop my settler. I also want to hook up the nice cows resource and know where horses are though. AH->Mining will let my worker not be idle through hooking up the four resources, but I think I'll have to wait to chop. Does that still seem optimal?

Here are the scores:

[Image: RBP7%20t1%20scores.jpg]

Why do some people have a higher score? Does the additional land tile factor in without the 20t lag for the first city? I have the most expensive techs as Egypt, but do they not give as much score?

EDIT: I'll leave this up since it records my thoughts, but they're techs from huts, right? Enough huts to give two teams techs T1 and me gold suggests maybe a hut was placed at each cap for flavor.

If you can't access dropbox here's an alternate screenshot. I started 1E of where I planted.

[Image: rbp7t1.jpg]

I'd also go worker first and keep the warrior at home.

I think AH is worth the diversion to get to BW slightly later. (Not sure about AH vs Mining first, but I think either way the worker will be busy on corn the whole time.) Could work to whip the first settler instead of chop it, which also gets great use out of Imperialistic. The whip anger penalty is quite tolerable since your happy cap will be 5 with gold but you have 4 good tiles. Maybe whip a settler, overflow onto the third worker, pause that worker while regrowing to 4, then finish it with a chop.

Commenting on huts would be spoiler info, although I seem to have ended up semi-dedlurking here for micro advice. smile

Wow.

Darrell

Thanks T-hawk, I guarantee my poor micro skills will give you plenty of opportunities to contribute wink

I chatted with darrell some, here's what we're leaning towards:

1) darell says I'm noob for wanting to war someone, so I'll try to resist...

2) Swapped tech to mining, tentative plan is to get BW before AH now.

3) City plan is worker, worker, warrior, ____

4) Tile plan is farm river corn, farm other corn, second worker roads gold, first worker road 1N of cap (city won't have grown yet), mine gold, ____

Re-reading our chat I may have my timing wrong for when to road the forest, but I can't imagine I'd do it after the first farm, since it seems like it will delay working the second farm the full two turns. Is that right darrell?

darrelljs Wrote:Wow.

Assuming that refers to the start, seconded. Two wet corn, grass river cows, gold, tons of hills and forests.... yikes

Might be interesting to play this map SP from this start. I tend to struggle badly in Always War, but with a start like this I might be able to manage something respectable. lol

sunrise089 Wrote:Thanks T-hawk, I guarantee my poor micro skills will give you plenty of opportunities to contribute wink

I chatted with darrell some, here's what we're leaning towards:

1) darell says I'm noob for wanting to war someone, so I'll try to resist...

2) Swapped tech to mining, tentative plan is to get BW before AH now.

3) City plan is worker, worker, warrior, ____

4) Tile plan is farm river corn, farm other corn, second worker roads gold, first worker road 1N of cap (city won't have grown yet), mine gold, ____

Re-reading our chat I may have my timing wrong for when to road the forest, but I can't imagine I'd do it after the first farm, since it seems like it will delay working the second farm the full two turns. Is that right darrell?

You're asking Darrell for micro advice?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Krill Wrote:You're asking Darrell for micro advice?

In the land of the blind...

lol

Hey now, you helped with pbem17 but I claim the lion's share of the credit nono.

Also, I've been spoiled on the map and can no longer offer you untainted advice.

Darrell