I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP7 - SPOILERS - Genghis Khan of Egypt

darrelljs Wrote:I've lost track of your build order and tech path frown.

The only firm build order is the worker currently under construction. I lean towards warrior after that and then worker/settler. This isn't Quick speed so I'm nervous with only a single warrior on defense.

The tech path is BW (due in 7 as of the above screenshot) -> AH. I don't think that's really debatable, is it (remember, Egypt starts with The Wheel and I popped Myst)?

Remember the golden rule: Never listen to Darrell.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Krill Wrote:Remember the golden rule: Never listen to Darrell.

Sunrise, do exactly what Krill says.

Darrell

Good and bad news to report this turn:

First, my poor eastern scout will scout no more

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0008%20%285%29.JPG]

He put up a pretty good fight for 22% odds.

In the west my scout got wounded landing next to a panther. It was going to take 4 turns to heal, which meant I could safely heal on a forested hill, not heal him and probably die to anything other than a wolf, or bring him home to heal faster but at the cost of taking a non-optimal path. Because these early turns can be boring a went ahead and brought him home, revealing some tiles between the scout and the cap. Some very shiny tiles...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0009%20%282%29.JPG]

In other news, I should get graph visibility on Mali in the next turn or two, so that will be really nice (more fun than RBPBEM4a already!) and my second worker is due in 2t.

Finally, I know I "own" a big map image this turn, but I've not revealed much considering the dead scout and the detour for that Mysticism hut. I'll post a new big image when I de-fog the last land near my cap.

That's a ton of jungle hills you have there.

(How is that for a quality lurker post?!)

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

If this were the FFH thread we could make a joke about smoke.

Darrell

sunrise089 Wrote:And they would be right to fear me!

That is, until everyone I talked to about the game insisted attacking would be foolish cry

When in doubt, "Scream and Leap" is the way to go.

nod

<---Spoiled Lurker free advice is worth everything you pay for it, or double your money back.

wink
fnord

T22, finally have demos on Mali. I won't post lots of boring graphs, but here's the deal:

*Power starts above mine and then I catch up while his doesn't move. That means we both have our starting warriors but he has more tech power initially from Mining before I research it.

*Production hasn't changed yet, I'm twice his level. That's capital hammers, with him on a 1-hammer tile.

*GNP both sees us with small spikes about 10t ago. My small spike is the turn after I discovered Mining, so I think that's a pre-req bonus being applied. His is 2t later, so maybe Ag->AH?

*Food shows big spikes recently, again with me first. That's worker first for both of us, with my worker completing first due to 2hammer cap.

Overall this is really good. He didn't rush military, his worker came out slower, and while he has better long term traits my land is probably better. The real question is when will his power come up again versus mine, as that will show whether he went worker->warrior or not. If he also went worker->worker I can probably feel pretty safe in the short term.

Here's the city:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0008%20%286%29.JPG]

The corn will be hooked up in 2t and the gold in 5t. Worker movement is unplanned after that turn, and AH will still be ~5t away.

Thoth Wrote:When in doubt, "Scream and Leap" is the way to go.

Kzinti FTW! Now where's my launching laser?

Lurker request for 30 turn microplan please smile
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18