I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP7 - SPOILERS - Genghis Khan of Egypt

Land getting slowly improved:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0008%20%287%29.JPG]

BUT my demos are terrible thanks to worker first:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0009%20%283%29.JPG]

It will be interesting to see how this compares in say 5t when I'm working corn+corn+gold.

Bronze Working is in:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0008%20%288%29.JPG]

Very convenient. Where are you thinking for the 2nd city?

Ok, time for what I hope is a quality post.

First the various pieces of good news:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG]

My scout is healed (ok, to 1.0/1 which I may regret when he dies to an animal by like 1hp) and has found a hut. Gold is hooked up and will be worked in 2t. I'll have a second warrior the next turn.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0008%20%289%29.JPG]

My demos are also good in perhaps the most important early categories, "am I growing?" and "am I going to die?"

Now some bad news:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0008%20%289%29%20-%20Copy.JPG]

Mist, if I hit the "jackpot" a lot of other players still got nice consolation prizes. To review, one person has more GNP than I do working gold and another tile, and at least two civs can match my food output on two irrigated grass corn tiles. Now you might be thinking "well there's Creative, and a Holy City, plus some civs have grown higher than size two..."

Ok, lets compare me with my neighbor:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG]

Now I'm not saying that's 100% right (I'm especially confused why a hammer or food growth doesn't show up when the pop grows, so I might be off a bit on that), but it's pretty clear Mali has two good food resources and some hammer+commerce generator. There might be something else possible, such as having grown to pop3 and working like a corn, fur, and mine, or picking up a tech that added known tech+pre-req to the beaker output, but I'm pretty confident his land is still pretty solid.

In other news, please give me worker advice. I'm thinking chop settler...

I reiterate rego's question.

Darrell

And, to your analysis, that second Worker in the long run will vault you ahead of everyone, if you keep playing at this level.

Darrell

Yes, but you also have ANOTHER food resource in your BFC, more gold for an early city, and a bunch of rivers. Check the demos again in a few turns when everyone grows a bit more.

Also gems

Threw around a few ideas, and here's the proposed dotmap:

[Image: t28%20dotmap.jpg]

Based on some good advice I'm trying to strike a balance between good cities and hooking up the best tiles quickly while sharing the great food from the cap.

City 1 gets me copper (via a good tile) right away and shares the cow.

Cities 2 and 3 could go down in any order, depending on the race between Iron Working and my capital's borders expanding. Remember, I do have Mysticism, but on Normal speed building a monument and waiting 10t is still a looooong delay to get tiles online.

My biggest far right now is that Mali sends Skirms at me. My SECOND biggest fear though is that they plant that 2x gems spot. It's crazy far for them, but if their surrounding land was lousy it's a great "screw you" play considering their UU.

Cyneheard Wrote:Kzinti FTW! Now where's my launching laser?

I'm guessing that it's located about the same place as Krill's 30t worker micro plan.

innocent
fnord

So micro and macro issues this turn. Micro first:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0009%20%286%29.JPG]

I've been encouraged to grow to size 4 and whip my settler. I just don't see it. I imagine I'll get some overflow, but it will also delay the settler and turn and knock me off my good gold tile. As it stands I'll complete the setter at size 3 in 3t and have the new cities road done the turn the settler completes. The cow then could be completed within 1-2t of the city being planted, but I think I want the copper first because of...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0010%20%282%29.JPG]

That warrior is annoying. On one hand I'd like to kill it (I'm AGG) before it sees my land, but it's really risky to try that without both of my warriors, and that means I'd be planting the new city without one. I also have to watch the turn timer since Rome hasn't moved yet...I don't want that scout to die if I can help it.