I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP7 - SPOILERS - Genghis Khan of Egypt

What's that 60h coming from? I assume 2 forest chops? This is normal but you're pre-math, so those should be 20h each. Unless you have 3 workers already?

I would try and find a way to turn a 4->2 whip + 2 chops into a Worker+Settler. Best way to do is sandbox smile.

Darrell

regoarrarr Wrote:What's that 60h coming from? I assume 2 forest chops? This is normal but you're pre-math, so those should be 20h each. Unless you have 3 workers already?
He's Imperialistic, so each forest is 20 + 50% = 30.

sunrise089 Wrote:I've been encouraged to grow to size 4 and whip my settler. I just don't see it.
I agree, on general principle. Don't whip away a strong resource tile. An Imperialistic civ does want to build settlers with hammers not food, but chops accomplish the same thing. Also you don't want to run into anger problems and have your 5th citizen idle. (I can't tell for sure if you'd regrow to 5 before the anger clock ran out.)

I believe the tradeoff was whipping from 3->2 instead of 4->2 smile.

Darrell

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0013%20%282%29.JPG]

Ah, perfect revolt while the first settler is traveling. You get a micromanagement gold star.

[Image: gold_star-850.jpg]

T-hawk Wrote:Ah, perfect revolt while the first settler is traveling. You get a micromanagement gold star.

[Image: gold_star-850.jpg]

This is, no joke, one of my five proudest civ moments wink

What are the other 4?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Krill Wrote:What are the other 4?

Three of them would be hitting top20 on the MP ladder, killing NumberOneMercury (arguably the best player) in an MP game, and winning on Immortal for the first time via a military victory. The fourth is probably something I've forgotten but mattered at the time wink

My overall experiences in the 'Poly Demogame were better than any of those, but that game didn't have the same degree of key moments (for example the final victory was pretty hollow).

Some inspiration for the future game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9LxoptQc...=endscreen