I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB7 Awards Thread

How am I even in the running for "most ill-advised rush"? If we hadn't tried to take some of their land we would have been steamrolled whenever they got done settling their new territory (which is what happened anyway, but we actually did succeed with the invasion at first). The alternative to attacking was waiting to die...not much point in that really.

I'll graciously accept the Bob and Yuris awards, the others...let's just forget about those. lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:How am I even in the running for "most ill-advised rush"? If we hadn't tried to take some of their land we would have been steamrolled whenever they got done settling their new territory (which is what happened anyway, but we actually did succeed with the invasion at first). The alternative to attacking was waiting to die...not much point in that really.

I hope it's safe for me to reply here. I don't mean to take any position, just provide information on why people might have voted like that.

1) You say you had no chances of winning without the attack, but it's arguable that you had better chances by not attacking than by attacking. Maybe people who voted for you thought this.
2) As I documented in our thread, your odds of capturing the first city were very small. I tried it 10 times and had nothing close to success, even once. So that specific attack could be considered ill-advised.
3) By your own account you kept sending in desperate troops piecemeal. Maybe they are referring to that.

Btw congrats on our joint top position for the Catwalk Award. We're best buddies now right? smile

Voting has closed. Eager beavers surely have already tallied the winners but I've taken the spreadsheet down until such time as I have time to make a slightly more flowery post to name the winners. Expect tomorrow. Also expect nothing too exciting since 9 votes doesn't really tell me a lot of people cared about this in the long run.

SevenSpirits Wrote:I hope it's safe for me to reply here. I don't mean to take any position, just provide information on why people might have voted like that.

1) You say you had no chances of winning without the attack, but it's arguable that you had better chances by not attacking than by attacking. Maybe people who voted for you thought this.
2) As I documented in our thread, your odds of capturing the first city were very small. I tried it 10 times and had nothing close to success, even once. So that specific attack could be considered ill-advised.
3) By your own account you kept sending in desperate troops piecemeal. Maybe they are referring to that.

Btw congrats on our joint top position for the Catwalk Award. We're best buddies now right? smile

1. If I had no chance either way maybe I lived longer by attacking? Sure seemed that way as you guys had to reclaim the cities in old Azzastan before you steamrolled my own cities, and that took time and hammers. But completely immaterial? Yes. Dead is dead.

2. Maybe so. I didn't run any sims and thought I had failed in the attack so what do I know? lol

3. I wouldn't think piecemeal reinforcements would equal a desperate rush, it would equal bad tactics. I don't think there is an award for that yet. shhh Anyway without knowing what exactly they're referring to it doesn't matter anyway.

I'm over the spat we had. It only involved our communication around this game and this game is over and out so I'm over it. You don't have to go with best buds, that's not realistic with the personality types you and I have (or use, if yours was a diplo persona). But there's no need for further rancor at least on my part. PB7 is dead and gone, I'll let it rest.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Gaspar Wrote:Voting has closed. Eager beavers surely have already tallied the winners but I've taken the spreadsheet down until such time as I have time to make a slightly more flowery post to name the winners. Expect tomorrow. Also expect nothing too exciting since 9 votes doesn't really tell me a lot of people cared about this in the long run.

I hope I wasn't mistaken, but you weren't looking for players to vote, correct? Or were we supposed to as well?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

pindicator Wrote:I hope I wasn't mistaken, but you weren't looking for players to vote, correct? Or were we supposed to as well?

I ask the same thing.

I dunno what was really expected, truth be told. When we set things up I expected the awards to be voted by the lurkers and then presented by the namesakes in some sort of RB awards ceremony. Given the lack of interest at the end of game the latter part is certainly unnecessary and given the few responses I probably should have just encouraged everyone to vote.

Anyway, I'll get the results up tonight.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

I assumed that as a player I wasn't supposed to vote, but apparently other folks like Sunrise did. Oh well. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Lord Parkin Wrote:I assumed that as a player I wasn't supposed to vote, but apparently other folks like Sunrise did. Oh well. smile

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to. I was sad there weren't too many and didn't look carefully at who else voted. I don't mind if my votes don't count.

sunrise089 Wrote:Sorry if I wasn't supposed to. I was sad there weren't too many and didn't look carefully at who else voted. I don't mind if my votes don't count.

On the contrary, if lurkers aren't going to vote then player-voted awards could still be quite fun! Gaspar, as the lone lurker voice lately what say ye?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player