Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB7 Awards Thread

By the way... i just remembered something from PB2. Regoarrarr and co did a pink dot, only for it to backfire and kill them off. Should that be an award?

Amelia Wrote:By the way... i just remembered something from PB2. Regoarrarr and co did a pink dot, only for it to backfire and kill them off. Should that be an award?

How come I only get awards named after me for the crappy things that happen to me banghead, instead of my full awesomeness? lol

We could call it the misunderstood genius award. smile
If you know what I mean.

zakalwe Wrote:We could call it the misunderstood genius award. smile

Or the "If Only I'd Done That Instead Which I Nearly Did You Know" Award.
And on the sixth day, god created Manchester.

[SIZE="1"]Played: PBEM13 (China), PBEM17 (India)
Helping out: PBEM23 (Egypt)
Dedlurked: PBEM15 (Ottomans)
Globally lurking: more or less everything else[/SIZE]

Maybe do an old classic, the Sirian award for best use of naval power. Yes, I know it's a pangaea.

I hereby nominate HitAnyKey for the Adlain Award. May he keep it until the end of time.

Let's see:
Wasting a worker turn to MOVE to the FP so he can cottage it before FARMING THE BEST OPENING TILE IN THE GAME.
Then following up the cottage with a MINE. 6/0/1 corn or 0/4/0 mine. Seriously. And if someone SEES what he's doing, well, he'll die even faster. I mean...Jesus.

Cyneheard Wrote:I hereby nominate HitAnyKey for the Adlain Award. May he keep it until the end of time.

Let's see:
Wasting a worker turn to MOVE to the FP so he can cottage it before FARMING THE BEST OPENING TILE IN THE GAME.
Then following up the cottage with a MINE. 6/0/1 corn or 0/4/0 mine. Seriously. And if someone SEES what he's doing, well, he'll die even faster. I mean...Jesus.

I guess he's just a newer, or at least an inexperienced, player. Ok, compared to the average at RB, he falls short by a margin. Compared to the best RB has to offer, he's lightyears apart, but none of us started civ 4 and played as well as we do now. Personally, i know that my play from pitboss 3 to present has increased a huge amount. Not because i'm good now, but because i was total carp back then.

If we're gonna rip him for making a dumb play, perhaps explain why wet corn is so fantastic. That way, after the game, he can read this and improve rather than read this and be bummed out never to play again.

He should sandbox the first 30 turns going Corn first and Corn last; nothing like learning by doing smile.

Darrell

Cyneheard Wrote:I hereby nominate HitAnyKey for the Adlain Award. May he keep it until the end of time.

Let's see:

Now now, the corn isn't on a river, it's just next to a lake. So it's only a 6/0/0 tile :neenernee

HAK - food is king. (Almost) always improve your food first.

Kyan Wrote:I
If we're gonna rip him for making a dumb play, perhaps explain why wet corn is so fantastic. That way, after the game, he can read this and improve rather than read this and be bummed out never to play again.

QFT.

It's all very well to second guess the players in a game, but some constructive criticism so that players can improve is much more useful.

For the record: Food rules the early game. More food = more worked tiles sooner = more hammers/commerce sooner. NM the food/hammer conversion from Slavery.

FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

Means more stuff sooner.
fnord