For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] 3 Players, 1 Civ, No Clues - Tatan, Nakor, and Serdoa are Darius of Rome

The decline and fall...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0700.jpg]

...of the Roman Empire...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0699.jpg]
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Tatan Wrote:The decline and fall...

nice!! Too bad there was never any real "rise" :/
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

So a while ago, I decided to make a wild run at Gunpowder with our pitiful tech rate. I log in a few turns later and we are halfway through Compass. I think our team just turned into a Perpentach SG. lol

(I think Compass -> Optics is the better move, btw... not that it matters)
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Thanks, Tatan! I thought we needed bigger boats more then guns...

Lets try to grow our cities back a bit...

Alright. smile Though it's a bit hard to grow off of coasts and grassland...

For the lurkers, our state-of-the-art military:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0702.jpg]

For the grand screenshot, assuming anyone ever gets around to that...

With resource bubbles:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0703.jpg]
Without resource bubbles:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0704.jpg]
Same as the above, only with our signs deleted:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0706.jpg]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0705.jpg]
For all the pictures I had alt-s on and was zoomed in just below cloud level.

I might have missed someone mentioning this before, but you should have settled 1E on the first turn. Your capital becomes stronger and you get +2c per turn for free for quite a long time. Also I would have gone for HR much earlier. Seeing all that beautiful land completely unworked in screenshot after screenshot was painful. But good work landing the great lighthouse. smile