I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] 3 Players, 1 Civ, No Clues - Tatan, Nakor, and Serdoa are Darius of Rome

Well, I think the micro-sheet from this post still applies. So yes, warrior next. I guess we'll have to decide soon if we try for GLH. If so we should get Sailing -> Masonry after BW.

Second city I guess 1SW of the pigs on the GLH?

Don't get you, Serdoa... what do you mean with the second city comment?
I think we have to wait untill we see if there is copper or horses nearby before we decide where to settle next...
"Played" the turn, meaning I hit "end turn"... cry

Our micro-plan does foresee a settler soon (read: in 2-3 weeks), so I thought I better get started on possible locations for him to move too lol

Btw: Did you guys read Lewwyns comment that he met someone but doesn't want them to know? We lost our scout due to animals, so chances are that was us.

Yeah, Lewwyn got map info from a hut. If he really had met us, we would see that in game.

And another unexciting turn... there are some hills that can have copper/iron, that is, some unjungled/unforested hills, but none in our BFC.
Just a few unjungled/unforested grasslands that could give us horses... how exciting is this game? :neenernee

Talking to myself here... another "end turn"... time to think about a sentry net as well. If there is anything I've learned from other games it's that we could use a good sentry net.

Okay well since there isn't much else to talk about, I'm going to dig up a horse's corpse and beat the hell out of it (as the expression should go).
Serdoa Wrote:[...]I guess we'll have to decide soon if we try for GLH.[...]

I had a trade route simulation session in Worldbuilder. Notes:

-Domestic trade routes between cities on the same continent will basically never give more than +1cpt. I spaced two size 10 cities 20 tiles apart and their base profit was still only 1.00.
-Being overseas gives a trade route an automatic +100%, so basically all overseas trade routes will give us +2cpt. No way to really boost that up to +3cpt, though.
-So I made an approximation of our empire with four cities, three on the mainland and one on that island just off the coast. I set them all to size 10 and tried to approximately mimic actual settling locations:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0285.jpg]
Without the Great Lighthouse, we are getting a total of +8cpt. With the Great Lighthouse, we are getting a total of +16cpt (two extra +1cpt trade routes in the three mainland cities, and two extra +2cpt trade routes in the offland city).

That might be worth it if there were a way to get more offland cities. But this is a pangaea, if there are any more islands at all they will only be at most like 4-5 tiles big. And Currency will eat up a lot of the difference between having GLH vs not having GLH anyway.

I know our land isn't exactly spectacular (or even mediocre), but the GLH just doesn't seem what we need to clamber out of the hole the RNG has dug us. If there were more islands that we could see, it might be an interesting gambit, but with the information we have now I don't see how it would work out for us. :\
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

I know I am not active enough but I am having a hard time with this game as our land is just so far away from even mediocre that it is hard to enjoy thinking about it. Still, thanks Tatan for trying that GLH-approach out. Seems we really need another idea. I don't think OOC is going to work either so what to do? I guess we either need to go for many coastal cities + try our hands on Colossus (not likely and again... Pangaea) or try to go for IW first and... uh... go for a Windmill-economy? rolleye

Serdoa, can you take a look in-game, cause I think we're a bit off on your excell chart and I'd like to continue in the best possible way.

Windmill economy it is then... unless we find better lands elsewhere and move our capital there after a nice Preatorian fight...

IW is VITAL in our position, I think, but Pottery as well.

How's this tech path: BW - Wheel - Pottery - IW?

I'll do so when I get home tonight.