For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] 3 Players, 1 Civ, No Clues - Tatan, Nakor, and Serdoa are Darius of Rome

Great! You can end turn for us then (we're the last to play)...:neenernee

So yeah, ended turn after changing us to work the rice instead of the spices as we

a) can't finish AH this turn anyway
b) even if we could, the worker was already "moved"

Not sure if we worked last turn the spices. Hopefully not, but probably we did. :/ Anyhow, my micro-sheet is completely wrong because nobody bothered to tell me that the food numbers for growth I used were for quick speed. Still, I am sure you guys looked very thoroughly at it lol

Whatever. Next turn cow can be pastured (worker already moved there - sorry, thought to late about double-move rule). Warrior can still be moved - in 2 hours. Apart from that, just keep working the rice, I am sure it is our best tile right now smile

I'll try to get to a new micro plan soon. Just have to search for the right growth-formula for normal speed (yes I know, 20+(pop*2) but I am sure I already changed the formula I use once so I want to copy/paste rather then redo it).

LOL! lol

Well, I did look at the micro-sheet but haven't used one myself.. therefore I guess I didn't get the fault. But once T20 dawned and we didn't get that second citizen, I decided something should be wrong.
We worker the cows last turn, only played with the tiles this turn once the rice was farmed. So no hammer loss there. What do you suggest we do with the warrior?

I peeked at the micro-sheet, thought, "This looks pretty legit, I'm sure Serdoa knows what he's doing," and closed it. lol

Anyway, I went ahead and moved Romulus the warrior SW (because why not) and ended the turn. When the warrior in Nero gets close enough to completion we can use Romulus to scout our immediate south (maybe there will be more islands or even seafood!).
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

I'd think about moving him out right now. We need to know if something is behind that jungle - except for more jungle.

Also, should we build a workboat? That will certainly slow us down, but with this start, I don't see have much hope anyway, so getting a workboat out and explore those islands might have its value. If so I'd suggest we finish the settler for the pig-site and then do that next.

As for micro: First, lets pretend I have never done any spreadsheet for this game at all, yes? Second, lets just finish the warrior, grow to 4 and start a settler. If the warrior finishes before growth start a workboat till we hit 4. If warrior is not finished at 4, finish it first, then start settler. I think that has the most value right now and I honestly don't see much sense in microing right now.

AH is in and look where our horses are:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0216.jpg]

Working the rice and spice tile since growth takes 3t with either spice or cows but spice makes BW 2 turns faster (13t). Worker started pasturing the cows.

Warrior will be done in 7t, so I don't know if we should send our warrior away yet. We might want to keep him close just to be safe.

So I haven't end turn yet (warrior needs to be moved).

It looks like we are halfway done with the warrior. So 8 more hammers around? We could work the PH for 3+1 from the center = 4 or two turns to finish the warrior in an emerceny. Thats good enough that no one should be able to raze the cap before we have finished the warrior. And if they move so to step on the PH, we have at least 3 turns warning - again enough, even without PH to finish the warrior.

Okay, moved our warrior to the hill 2S of the last picture to reveal NO SEAFOOD! bangheadbangheadbanghead

Nice land!alright

Moving the warrior further south. Seems like we can only move east there as well. At least that will give us few borders to protect... jive

Nakor Wrote:Moving the warrior further south. Seems like we can only move east there as well. At least that will give us few borders to protect... jive
I guess there's always a bright side... that also helps explain why no one has managed to contact us yet. Hey, maybe we can go the whole game without anyone finding us! Safety in secrecy.

Well, found another source of horsies:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0295.jpg]
Thank goodness, I wasn't sure if the other two sources would be enough.

Also, Hinduism was founded! I expect we'll see within a turn or two by whom.

Nero grew to size 3. I did not end the turn, as I wasn't sure which tile the new citizen should be working (right now it is on the spices).
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller