For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] 3 Players, 1 Civ, No Clues - Tatan, Nakor, and Serdoa are Darius of Rome

Ok, we have one vote for SE and one vote for SW. I'll like SW more, simply because the loop is done better afterwards then if we start out SE. So I'll go make that move and end our turn.

Btw: ASM and slowcheetah both got a tech according to civstats. And except for 5 players all have settled now. Though all of them haven't logged in since the turn rolled except for SevenSpirits/mackoti. I guess they do not have a great start. That would be great in a 4-5 player game for us, but with 18 that might very well not matter at all to us.

Moved SW, finished turn:

[Image: T1Evenmorejungle.JPG]

Also I realized we are second in the most important postings war. Only the FFH guys are in front of us and that is NOT MY FAULT :neenernee Apart from that, not much else I have to say. Lets just hope the forest we can see in the south means that the jungle is only small.

Serdoa Wrote:Also I realized we are second in the most important postings war. Only the FFH guys are in front of us and that is NOT MY FAULT :neenernee

Team Nyan is also vying for second! But don't worry, this post is here to save the day. lol

Nakor Wrote:Naming theme: Roman Emperors? Or heroes of the war for Sparta (Illias)? bang

Ooo, could be cool. The Roman emperors had pretty classy names, and more importantly this theme gives us a great excuse if we get conquered!
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Yeah, the day is saved, we stay second - hopefully wink

Regarding the names I'll let you guys do the work. I haven't achieved it in any single game to really go through with a naming theme for more then like the first 3 cities and 10 units rolleye

Nakor, the sim for Agri -> BW I'll do on the weekend. I will probably be working long tomorrow and I am at a meeting from around 6 till 21 on Friday.

I took the liberty of doing some renaming...

Nero was sad. He just broke his favorite toy, the city of Rome, during fiddle practice. But then it occurred to him: hey, starting a new city shouldn't be that hard! And why not name it after himself?

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0149-1.jpg?t=1326925903]

A much better name! And to make sure Rome's original namesake, Romulus, didn't screw anything up, Nero made sure to send him and his twin brother Remus out scouting.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0151-1.jpg?t=1326925799]

Of course, Remus threw a hissy fit and just HAD to go in the opposite direction. He was blubbering something about "boo-hoo, Romulus killed me" or some other trifle.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0150-1.jpg?t=1326925763]

But that wasn't going to stop Nero! He would make a society were everyone wore togas and hung out all day on sofas like bros. Wait! Brilliant! That's what they would call themselves!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0152-1.jpg?t=1326925868]
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Great job, Tatan! I guess we'll let you be in charge of the namings then!

Serdoa, took a look in game and we can tech faster working the spices, but that slows down the worker. Maybe if we work those after the worker is done and before the rice is irrigated we can shave off a turn or two? Probably not, though...

New turn, but off to work!
I suggest we move Romulus SE and Remus NE.

According to Suetonius, Nero was planning to rename Rome Neropolis, so you're not far off lol

Nakor Wrote:New turn, but off to work!
I suggest we move Romulus SE and Remus NE.

Err... I actually already played a couple minutes after the new turn rolled, and moved both scouting units (haven't ended the turn yet, though). I tried to post then, but the forums were down. duh Warrior was moved SE to reveal nothing interesting, scout was moved NW to reveal this:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0174.jpg]

NE for the scout next turn is probably the best idea.

I also noticed that MackSeven had not settled at the beginning of this turn, and had renamed themselves appropriately:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0172.jpg?t=1326976178]