For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] 3 Players, 1 Civ, No Clues - Tatan, Nakor, and Serdoa are Darius of Rome

Ok, you've convinced me. AH next it is!

Whatever works best! AH it is. Early micro typically isn't my strength, as I'm usually too lazy to set up a sim.

Turn had rolled, so I played again. If you guys feel I'm hogging the turns, just say something; I always seem to check Civstats an hour after the turn rolls... anyway I moved the warrior back towards the cap and the scout southwards:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0265.jpg]
Yeah, nothing interesting. Even I am finding it hard to continue being incredibly optimistic at this terrain, but I can try: at least we have some riverside grasslands and planned to research IW early anyway! :D
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

What is there 2NE of the wheat? Stone? jive

Serdoa, can you mail me your sandbox?

Nakor, I don't have one (too much work for me to try every single possibility, especially when it comes to finetuning). I just use an excel-spreadsheet. I can send you that if you want?

The Excell sheet would be great. I'm just to lazy to make one myself...

Np, I'll send it in a minute.

As for the game I looked at it and played it. Scout moved further S to find out what our general surroundings look like (bad...). Warrior moved onto capital.

Apart from that, what happened? Well:

- Meiz grew 1 pop
- plako finished / popped a tech
- sunrise probably finished a tech + popped another. Or he popped two...
- Yuris also finished / popped a tech

edit: And catwalk is last to end turn.

Damn... all those hills.... what can we do to make hills interesting...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0268.jpg]

Woot!

Scout moved further to the south:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0269.jpg]
Alright, delicious, wonderful jungled bananas! lol

Panther spotted:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0270.jpg]
I moved Romulus 1SE in the hopes that the panther will suicide against him at 0.4% odds and give us some free exp.

Nakor Wrote:Damn... all those hills.... what can we do to make hills interesting...

Research Theology and build Guerilla II archery units? Become the Celtics? (Or even better, the Khazad?)

Rush to Sailing, build some galleys, and migrate? lol Actually that last one would be pretty hilarious, if suicidal.
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Well, there might be flatland close to those bananas. Let's hope the south does give us a bit more. If not, I think rushing to sailing and go for the island is a very solid option since we really can't make a lot of those hills productive.
And if we do that, Serdoa... TGL becomes an issue again... bang

What a map....
Okay, the panter attacked our warrior, he survived at 1.0 stength. Moved him into our borders for faster healing.
Moved the scout SW again to another hill to show more jungle/hill tiles... cry