I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB7: Winning The Hard Way - Mao Plays Craps

I'm sure the Native American people are wondering what we've done with all their beautiful trees. FOOLS, WE MAKE WAR!!!

@Poarch Creek: Yeah, I screwed up the micro there several turns ago and ruined a nice plan you had in place. At least I posted a sign to fess up. lol

I agree they'll see our power numbers and have a yikes moment if they haven't already prepared countermeasures. My prediction: the moment we move our forces in they spend the next three turns sending out a 1 turn spear, axe, and chariot from each city, because they have them all prepared and waiting for us in their city build queues, hiding the fact that their true power is greater than ours. bang Or maybe we'll be lucky and that won't happen.

Nice job and nice report, Commodore. You still OK to play on Sunday? My wife and kid came to see me this weekend instead of me having to drive to them, which was a nice change. If you need me to play on Sunday late I can once they've left for home.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:I'm sure the Native American people are wondering what we've done with all their beautiful trees. FOOLS, WE MAKE WAR!!!

@Poarch Creek: Yeah, I screwed up the micro there several turns ago and ruined a nice plan you had in place. At least I posted a sign to fess up. lol

I agree they'll see our power numbers and have a yikes moment if they haven't already prepared countermeasures. My prediction: the moment we move our forces in they spend the next three turns sending out a 1 turn spear, axe, and chariot from each city, because they have them all prepared and waiting for us in their city build queues, hiding the fact that their true power is greater than ours. bang Or maybe we'll be lucky and that won't happen.

Nice job and nice report, Commodore. You still OK to play on Sunday? My wife and kid came to see me this weekend instead of me having to drive to them, which was a nice change. If you need me to play on Sunday late I can once they've left for home.

You're good man, hanging out with the family > Civ any way, particularly when they live a state away. We just chillin', microing the builds and glarin' at the plakos.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0364.JPG]

In a couple turns, though...last spear finished up last turn, so he's moving with everyone else scraped up onto the staging tile. Then in four turns the whole mass moves onto the wheat along with two roading workers, then the next turn it's build another road->move into Sevenmackistan.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0366.JPG]

In other news, someone is able to research CoL while we stare at another 12 turns to Math. lol Also, Lewwyn is shrining up the place. So yeah, violence now is the answer.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0365.JPG]

One place to not send everything scraped up is Cahokia, might want to let this archer get a CG2 promo and fortify. There's a chop coming in next turn for a quick chariot to follow up with.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0367.JPG]

Here's the military. It ain't a ton, but it is nice and we'll have four more chariots incoming before D-day. High water marks are fun!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0368.JPG]

Let's kill us some Germans.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Commodore Wrote:Let's kill us some Germans.

Sir, yes sir!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

So, what's up? How much of a stack have they spotted, or are they merely making noises about the power graph? Little do they know that our fatalism is our strength. Also, a power gamer pair like Mack and Seven will double move us if at all possible.

One litte side thought, though, might be to make scary faces via wheatpass and then go around to the northpass. Probably not worth the extra time, but certainly worth consideration.

I know it's best to ignore anything Seven says in the diplo thread, but I can't help needling him when he gives orders.

When I started to play someone else was left to play but they ended turn before I did, so we'll have to log in again later to play T79. I took these screen shots after rolling over T78, but I have not moved any units.

Power Overwhelming.
[Image: T79-Power.JPG]

For Aiur!
[Image: T79-F5.JPG]

It is a good day to die!
[Image: T79-F9.JPG]

MOAR TROOPS.
[Image: T79-ArmyZoom.JPG]

Just a heads up, when I sent another couple units outside our culture we had to pick up support costs on them. We're looking at 40% next turn, likely lower than that when the full army rides off to kill or be killed. We may need pillage money to research anything until we rid ourselves of these unit costs. hammer

I didn't move the worker forward, I think we can wait for the second worker to arrive at the pass next turn (with the accompanying full stack, minus the two chariots that finish next turn) and road the next tile forward with both workers, then use that to launch the whole stack to the tile 1W of German culture. we won't have a road all the way into their land, but it gets our stack to their border with the shortest window for detection. I mean, they already know what is coming, but they don't know stack composition and timing so at least we have that advantage. And as of now they don't know for sure that we're building a road to them through the southern pass.

An immediate priority as soon as we launch this invasion will be to pump out more units ASAP as our home cities are incredibly poorly defended now. Seneca is without garrison on the western front and other than an archer in Cahokia, we won't have much left on defense. Maybe immediately build another chariot or two for mobile defense in the south, then an archer or two for proper city garrisons? (And more spears, and more dogs...you get the idea). That is, if we can afford all these troops. duh

Ah, a successful assault would look like taking 1-3 of their frontline cities and then successfully weathering the storm of return assaults. This isn't going to be over until one of us die, and if we have a chance slightly more notable than a flea's fart in a windstorm, we'll be constantly pumping out units, units, and more units, using (hopefully) pillage gold to fund our way to catapults...while, oh by the way, Mack Seven also research either there or to HBR much faster thanks to broken Representation.

'mids are overpowered. Chances are slim to none. This is a heck of a fine rodeo incoming, though.

Commodore Wrote:So Seven, looking in-game...ah, if you see units in your culture, those aren't ours. Unless you're talking about the dog, chariot, and worker preparing for the city on our side of the mountains we're about to settle for the wheat...um, okay.

lol Are you a salesman by trade, perhaps?

sunrise089 Wrote:That's interesting cover. As I understand it you were hoping someone tracking power levels would assume everything was then accounted for and not build defenders (ha! as if people built defenders in this game wink)? Clever, but I wonder if it didn't actually draw some civs' attention. After all, not everyone checks everything every turn, no?

I'm not sure if he's talking to us or to Seven, but I don't want to ask. My interpretation is that he's accusing Seven of wanting to invade? I'm less keen on him calling us out for having a lot of power, not that he can see our graphs.

Also, I still haven't moved any units, just been putting together a suboptimal worker plan. Here's an outline of what I think we can do:

[Image: T79-WorkerPlan.JPG]

Still to figure out is what to do with workers while they're standing around, probably prechop the forest they're standing on? Or if you have a better plan that hides our forces longer and gets the road to their border the same turn, I'm all for it. I don't think having a road up to their border matters for the 1 mover stack, but it helps the two movers catch up a bit. That, or the one mover stack can step onto the wheat and then inside their culture the next turn. At that point they will have seen the stack, though, and have one extra turn to defend. I think the best use is to pile everything up in the pass NW of the wheat and hope they don't step onto the wheat on their turn and see our forces. That way we could move next to their culture on our following turn (or inside their culture if we luck out and get a double move, but I don't want to plan for that to happen). Whaddya think?

Oh, and I'm loggin out now if you want to fiddle around. Turn is still unplayed.

(Irrelevant note, I named all our dog soldiers for breeds of dogs and our chariots for triple crown winners. I've added names for the 3 chariots that should build next turn -- I say we whip Poarch to get the chariot up there moving toward the front.) Also, to screw with MackSeven, once he has visibility on our units it would be fun to rename the ones toward the back of his vision every turn to something new so he can't keep track of movements and/or thinks we're bringing in more troops. Unless that's too confusing to us. But he's been a pain in the ass so anything I can do to return the favor....