I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB7: Winning The Hard Way - Mao Plays Craps

You mean I have to register at CFC? smoke I read that site back in Civ III days but never bothered.

Edit: Ha. I forgot I was a member of the club.

[Image: CivFanaticsLogin.JPG]

[Image: CivFanaticsDetails.JPG]

Uh...first post?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

That! ...is awesome.

Now THAT'S an impressive de-lurking right there. We've actually gotten lots of really cool members that stuck around from advertising games at CFC, so hopefully you'll find someone.

Posted at CFC:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11314797

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

72 views and zero responses so far over at CFC. plub

92 views, 0 posts @ CFC. bang

you'd think the take rate on your offer would be better than that - i'd be interested in playing, but I've spoiled myself by following all the PB7 threads!
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

I got a response from classical_hero, I'm trying to find out more information about what level of involvement he/she is looking for.

No further information available. Mist, if you check here, the meta plan in game so far is to get the settler finished in my capital and to settle a city on the marked tile north of my capital. There is a dog soldier in that area protecting a worker building a road toward the site, the dog can provide garrison until an archer can be built.

So here's an ethics question for any lurker who has followed my half ass reporting in this thread. My game plan for a long while has been to build a strong stack and go wreck MackSeven's cities they took from Azza. I wanted to burn those cities down to take them down a notch. However, with me potentially exiting the game I have a dilemma. I've spent all these hammers on units that now have an ethically questionable purpose. To throw my units against MackSeven would appear to be an act of sabotage against another team, or could be read as spiteful for them killing my warrior, or whatever other conclusion you can draw. If I was not possibly leaving this game it wouldn't matter why I did it, you could always understand that's a possible outcome in an Always War game.

However, I don't want to look like the kind of player who would whack someone on the way out of a game just to be mean spirited. What is the right play here? Ignore the game plan I had been working on and get no return at all from all the hammers I invested in an army (which could have OBVIOUSLY been better spent on workers and settlers, if you've seen my demographics in game). Or would it be legitimate to go ahead and try to clear out Azza's land of the invaders, since in the longer term I had hoped to expand that direction myself. If I don't try to get some return from these units I've built I think I'll be setup perfectly to finish no better than in the bottom half of this game. If I pull off a successful razing campaign and can secure more territory for myself (even if not in this one campaign), I could possibly prepare a way to improve my standing in this game. This is not a spite campaign, and it's an unfortunate plan to have made given my need to exit the game (or reduce my involvement) now.

How should I play this? Without using spoiler information, what is the right move, that would be in both the spirit of fair play to the other teams (most notably MackSeven but not exclusively them) AND in the best interest of my own civilization, considering the investment I've already made in preparing for war? I don't see an easy answer.

My personal opinion is that you should play as if you'd play the whole game. When/if someone takes over they can do whatever they want.

Kalin