Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB7: Winning The Hard Way - Mao Plays Craps

waterbat Wrote:Yes, the lurkers would like to see a major beat-down commence! good luck

You lurkers are all the same. It's give me blood, or burn the world, or KILL THEM ALL....Wait it was my new teammate that posted the last one.

OK, I'm on board with these plans. I understand that lurkers love you 100% more when you burn things and kill people. We are affection seeking creatures, are we not? hammer

I'm heading into work soon, but I'll post about your thoughts when I have time today shhh I'm more enthusiastic our chances in the game with you on board, I'll admit that. Maybe we'll pull this off. Even if we're attacking one of the stronger teams (players!) in this game...did the RNG have to put me between LP, Plako, and MackSeven though? I think if we survive this thing to the end that will be a measure of success...but we're aiming higher. Massive destruction! Our slot machines will overrun the land, or something like that. lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

In my completely unbiased opinion, a full scale assault on MackSeven sounds like a brilliant plan. wink

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:Thanks. Another benefit of Commodore signing on is that we'll get a +100% optimism modifier, effective immediately.

Truth! Wondering, what's the EP balance between you and MackSeven?

It isn't significant. We have graphs on each other but that's mostly it. I think we're both in the 50s if I remember correctly.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Commodore Wrote:Depressingly, those lush Azzarian lands are far away, needs a full set of combat workers to speed dogs/archers/spears along, with chariots built last because they can catch up.

This is why I needed a teammate aside from a sub turn player. Combat workers, build a road all the way over there? That would take forever...that's a great idea. Slow stack of one movers becomes a stack of two movers. Only need 4 workers to do it. We have 4 workers. We're EXP and can build/chop more workers. Done.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0261.JPG]

Quote:I noticed one thing. It might be a bummer, but it also might make for a really nice capture. Stone + Mack and Seven? Yeah, 'mids are falling soon, although maybe Lewwyn wants them for Police State and will contest. lol

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0271.JPG]

Maybe it would be worthwhile to build a scout and send it down here to die, to check out the defenses and see if it's worth whacking this first. I doubt they're building the 'mids here, but I have no doubt they're trying to build them somewhere. Maybe burn Azza's capital and wheel south? I admit, we have to scout in advance so we don't go wandering in the dark and my scouting has been terrible. I can't keep them alive. lol

Quote:Lovely stone site you have there, also something to grow capital cottages if Bureau is something that ever happens in this game. Settler for here ought to be chopped out post-haste, then the full mobilization can continue methinks. Criminal to let such a lovely site hang.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0263.JPG]

Agreed, I'm for that plan.

Quote:I like the capital's spear and chariot readiness, but another worker and then settler ought to come first. Not point in not spiking up to maximum power at the last second. Once the dogs get grouped, finish 'em all with totem-boosted archers tagging along.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0265.JPG]

The spear may need to finish. It has been in the queue for close to the ten turn limit before hammers begin to decay. I had the spear at 1T, got the chariot close to 1T, and then built/chopped the settler, which was about 3 turns. Maybe we should watch the spear and when it starts to decay finish it. The chariot can wait a few more turns before it starts to decay, though.

Quote:Speaking of which, let the chop finish. Overflow and another chop ought to get another worker out of here before the borders pop, then we can work on getting that crop up (to whip more archers/dogs/chariots with, of course).

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0269.JPG]

Worker next sounds like a good plan. We need more food and fewer forests.

Quote:Need to buff this military a bit. Not a bad start at all though, only really vulnerable to chariots and a few spears will fix that. Let's say...two more dogs, three spears, and 4-6 following chariots in ten turns? While building at least two more workers and a settler?

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0268.JPG]

I like the vision. I'm bad at planning this much in advance and setting a goal. That's probably why I've been so slow at building my forces to begin with. If we can chop enough trees this may be possible inside of 10 turns. We don't have barracks in Cahokia, but in the interest of time do you think it is better to skip the barracks and take one extra unit or to give all the units we chop there the additional XP?

Quote:How's the Plako border? Seems like it's been a while, surely he's been expanding north too. LP is probably more his concern though.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0267.JPG]

My relations have been fine with Plako but yeah I haven't been down there in a while. I got scared by MackSeven's expansion and tried to keep an eye on them, hence scouting units dying. We probably need to garrison our southern city well and keep an eye on him but as long as he has room to expand into i don't think he's going to gun for me yet. And that is HitAnyKey to his west, not LP. LP is to my west across the water.

Quote:Did a bit of dotmapping too, I have occasional affections like this spot. I like the thought of stagnating working two river cottages, three furs, deer and cows. But that's just me being me.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0262.JPG]

That's a good plan for after the war, looks like a promising site. Are you sure you're not having a flashback from one of your PBEM starts? lol

Quote:This ought to be a fun collaboration. Not a bad murdering machine you have here.

Is it too late to get T-Hawk to rename our thread? Xenu and Commodore: Murder Machines? That might be a bit too aggressive for the public diplo nature of this game shhh

Oh, and Commodore you're officially the turn player. I'm at work now and leaving for the weekend as soon as I get off work. I can access RB on my cell phone and I'm apparently fanatical about reading the forums so if you post a question or idea you should be able to get at least some feedback without more than a few hours delay. read

I'll be back home to my civ PC on Sunday night and can resume playing the turns then, but I think sharing turn playing during the week is OK too if you want a more directly active role overall. What is your time zone / normal playing time? I'm GMT -5 but if you've been watching PBEM 29 you probably have seen that I often try to sneak a turn in before work or during my lunch break.

Yessir. Finished things, and ended turn. Welcome to the world, city #3! This is going to be a great place.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0274.JPG]

Now let's plan the killing.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

How do you envision using Poarch Creek? My idea was to farm the food tiles (and take the grass farm from the capital) so that we could work all the hills and get a lot of production here. The drawback of that plan is that it's pretty inflexible, the city would be good only for hammers whereas if we put down a few cottages it could provide commerce most of the time and be available to switch over to hill mines if needed. That being said, having enough food surplus to work the silver tile all the time seems like the best use here.

If we did farm all the grass and FP tiles we could be working 4 hill mines and the marble at size 11 for a lot of hammers and some commerce. Now about finding enough happiness for a city that size...I don't see a lot on the map. HR may be needed in our medium term tech plan. Mic could put HR garrison to work and allow us to grow much larger working grass cottages, since our economy sucks so badly. Building Seneca soon could help because it would be able to incubate a few cottages for Mic.

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:How do you envision using Poarch Creek? My idea was to farm the food tiles (and take the grass farm from the capital) so that we could work all the hills and get a lot of production here. The drawback of that plan is that it's pretty inflexible, the city would be good only for hammers whereas if we put down a few cottages it could provide commerce most of the time and be available to switch over to hill mines if needed. That being said, having enough food surplus to work the silver tile all the time seems like the best use here.

If we did farm all the grass and FP tiles we could be working 4 hill mines and the marble at size 11 for a lot of hammers and some commerce. Now about finding enough happiness for a city that size...I don't see a lot on the map. HR may be needed in our medium term tech plan. Mic could put HR garrison to work and allow us to grow much larger working grass cottages, since our economy sucks so badly. Building Seneca soon could help because it would be able to incubate a few cottages for Mic.

Yeah, Seneca will be a grass cottage incubator, with the stone and corn making it an at least decent spot in its own right. HR/Bureau will make Mic a monster eventually, but that's in the "later" category.

Cities like Poarch Creek are why this game rocks. A happy cap of 6 once silver comes online is great for this point in the game, actually. Much as I like cottaging flood plains, in lieu of real food they have to step it up a notch. Given the happy cap isn't really going to improve much, the western grassland will actually probably be farmed to enable the C! west to take it and the marble permanently, working them, the deer and two PH mines for a truly awesome hammer site. Grassland north is a bit of a wash, actually.

The silver is a nice boost to the economy, which needs the shot in the arm. Poarch Creek will probably be on a whip cycle from 4-2 for a little while yet, which is good because the mining-stagnation plan, while eventually the goal, will take a fair bit of time and precious worker labor. Less trees, more workers!

Wish we were Civ5 Iroquois, lots of awesome roads around here if we were.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Well the bad news is that I forgot the A/C adapter for my phone, the good news is that I found a USB cable to charge with. So I'll be around all weekend.

We get one civ 5 thread in the general forum and now you're bringing that nonsense here? Have you no shame?! lol

4 -- 2 whips sounds right to get us going on infrastructure. You know, after the invasion. hammer