I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP7 IT and Tech Issues Thread

antisocialmunky Wrote:Did Catwalk miss his last turn?
Yep. Actually looks like he missed 3 of the last 15 turns. Perhaps it'd be good for him to have a partner that can play his turns when he's away?
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Yes. Also Parkin ended turn last and then played 20 minutes later. nono If anyone feels he got an unfair advantage from this and doesn't want to post publicly, they can perhaps message Mist.

My scout is trailing yours, LP, but as long as there isn't a hut I could have legally double-moved and beat you to, I don't see it has caused me any harm.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Hmm, I'm surprised I've missed 3 turns. I thought this was the first one, and I thought I had 2 hours left on the timer. But yeah, not being able to play during school hours has been a problem for me, as I don't typically have time to play in the morning before classes. I'm not too fussed about it, I'll make an effort to be a worthy competitor and I don't think I'll fall too badly behind.

ASM, the warrior heading north has no intentions of being bothersome, and I won't be double moving you.

Catwalk Wrote:Hmm, I'm surprised I've missed 3 turns. I thought this was the first one, and I thought I had 2 hours left on the timer. But yeah, not being able to play during school hours has been a problem for me, as I don't typically have time to play in the morning before classes. I'm not too fussed about it, I'll make an effort to be a worthy competitor and I don't think I'll fall too badly behind.

You know you always have 24 or more hours, right? Time-of-day problems shouldn't be much of a factor.

SevenSpirits Wrote:You know you always have 24 or more hours, right? Time-of-day problems shouldn't be much of a factor.

Either way for the most part queuing is your friend. A lost scout movement is a lot less brutal than a lost turn of production, tech, etc.

SevenSpirits Wrote:Yes. Also Parkin ended turn last and then played 20 minutes later. nono If anyone feels he got an unfair advantage from this and doesn't want to post publicly, they can perhaps message Mist.

I'll be public. Parkin, I love you, you're great, you were a good and loyal ally in the past game. But everyone please just follow the $&#^ double-move rule duh banghead :neenernee

I do know that, and usually it won't be a problem. On busy days classes are my best window for playing, so I've run into a few problems this past week.

Catwalk Wrote:I do know that, and usually it won't be a problem. On busy days classes are my best window for playing, so I've run into a few problems this past week.

Well don't worry, I've prepared for any possible shenanigans from you. If you want to continue north, you'll run into LP's cornered scout and TTistan. However would you kindly get your scout off my good capitol tiles? tongue

Also I don't really intend to spy to hard, I'm just trying to get graphs on everyone.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Folks, calm down. This wasn't some evil master plan. smile

I thought that the 2 hour thing only applied to the last person remaining to play the turn - i.e. Catwalk. Apparently that's not the case. (Though I should point out that he also played within 2 hours of the flip and no-one even commented on that. wink )

In any event, it wasn't a big deal, or even a small deal. I can assure you that there were no double moves made on my part. All my unit movements were finished much earlier in the previous turn. The only reason for the wait, if you must know, is so that I had time to test the implications of a different build order and citizen placement at my capital this turn - not because I was holding off on moving any units.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

[lurker comment]

Communal puff at the Hookah ASAP!

The harshness of the hashish is smoothed by the water in the bowl....

and you'll all feel a bit better. wink

Relax.....this game's for some fun. smile

http://youtu.be/Fe2mBuF35yA
[/lurker comment]
fnord