Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

RBP7 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Do we have less than 24h per turn? It looks to me like last turn lasted 21.5h. I thought actual turn duration was usually more than official turn duration. That's what confused me when logging in, expecting 1-2h left of the timer. Note that this was in no way because I had any wish to play late, I just hadn't had the option earlier.

I'm pretty sure I finished the earlier turns, maybe the downtime messed up the stats somehow? If I did indeed miss them, my apologies. I recall trying to log on several times during the day during the downtime.

Catwalk Wrote:Do we have less than 24h per turn? It looks to me like last turn lasted 21.5h. I thought actual turn duration was usually more than official turn duration. That's what confused me when logging in, expecting 1-2h left of the timer. Note that this was in no way because I had any wish to play late, I just hadn't had the option earlier.

I'm pretty sure I finished the earlier turns, maybe the downtime messed up the stats somehow? If I did indeed miss them, my apologies. I recall trying to log on several times during the day during the downtime.

yeah. It seems timer is too short as it is not granting real 24h currently. I think timer is 20h now. Prolonging to 21-22h should fix this.

plako Wrote:yeah. It seems timer is too short as it is not granting real 24h currently. I think timer is 20h now. Prolonging to 21-22h should fix this.
Indeed, looks like we need a timer change. Not sure why it's running faster lately, but it's best to ensure we get at least 24 real time hours. Switching to a 22 hour timer will do the trick, I think. If it starts getting slower again we can always change it back. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I'm not sure why these technical issues are discussed in the spam thread... nono

Lord Parkin Wrote:Looks like 2880 BC, 3280 BC, and 3440 BC to me.

http://www.civstats.com/viewplayer.php?g...ayernum=10

He only missed two. 3440 & 2880. That thing at 3280 is when Civstats was down and everyone has it looking like that (ie. the Finished Turn happening at the same time as the turn flip) for the civstats log.

Ilios Wrote:I'm not sure why these technical issues are discussed in the spam thread... nono
Good point, I moved this conversation over to the right place.

T-hawk Wrote:Good point, I moved this conversation over to the right place.
You confused the heck out of me for a minute there... briefly thought in amongst the bouts of server downtime the forum had somehow devoured the last 2 days of posts. lol

Anyway, on topic... I didn't realise that Civstats was screwing up for one of those turns. Guess you're right HAK, it was probably only 2 turns that Catwalk missed. Still, less preferable than none. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Lord Parkin Wrote:It wasn't clear to me, and apparently not to some others either. Good to clear it up. smile

An occasional circumstance where I need extra time to check something is hardly cause for a witch hunt. I've played last twice out of 30 turns so far... pretty average for an 18 player game. Neither time did I cause any measurable delay to the game. Several players have played last far more often, sometimes delaying the game quite significantly, with little to no reaction. You think maybe the persecution is a bit uncalled for? wink

The problem is not playing last. If we decided on a 24h window for the turn, no one can complain if you need the full 24h to play your turn. You can finish last everyturn if you want and I find it disrespectful when people want the others to finish their turns faster. If we wanted faster turns, the rules should have stated that we would play on a 18h, 12h timer. I'm sure that a lot of people wouldn't have subscribed to the game if that was the case.

But the issue here is not about delay on the game. The problem is the violation of one of the few rules we have for the game, the double move one. If you misunderstood it, that's ok, but I think things are pretty clear now.

I'm not sure how I can tell if someone played before the 2 hour gap passed. From what I know, civstats only tells that someone logged in, not if something was moved (and I imagine that logging in is not a problem according to the rule). But I've seen more than one time people ending turn for last and logging in soon after, before 2 hours had passed. If those occasions were indeed double moves, then I'm very disappointed.

Turn timer changed to 22 hours.

Ichabod Wrote:I'm not sure how I can tell if someone played before the 2 hour gap passed. From what I know, civstats only tells that someone logged in, not if something was moved (and I imagine that logging in is not a problem according to the rule). But I've seen more than one time people ending turn for last and logging in soon after, before 2 hours had passed. If those occasions were indeed double moves, then I'm very disappointed.

I believe to avoid misunderstandings you should log out if you're last to play and then not log in until after two hours pass.