I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP7 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Question with regards to screenshots for putting into our threads. It's been awhile since I've done stuff like this. It took a quick screenshot last night after I moved my units (didn't get a chance to post it though, will do so tonight) but I noticed it created a file in my folder with a generic name. Is there a way to take a screenshot in the game and give it your own name while taking the screenshot? Or do you just have to go to where the file is and rename it later.

Also, how does everyone handle the putting of them in the thread? Is the only way to upload it to PicasaWeb (it's the photo site I use) and then link to that within the post?

I think you press 'shift' + 'printscreen' to get a dialog box up to name your screenshots.

In terms of uploading pictures, I normally use imageshack but many use dropbox. Any decent imagehosting site will do the job though
"You want to take my city of Troll%ng? Go ahead and try."

The problem with using shift-printscreen is twofold: you have the dialog box blocking part of the display (although you can drag it around to an unimportant place, if there is one). More seriously, about half the time mouseover text is simply not included in the output file. So if you're trying to take a screenshot of the composition of a stack by hovering your mouse over it, it may or may not show up in the file.

Using printscreen to go to a CivScreenShotxxx file always grabs the mouseover text.

I use Photobucket, it works fine for me. And I just use "PrintScreen" as well... far easier than naming every one when there are thousands in your folder built up over the years. lol
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

DaveV Wrote:The problem with using shift-printscreen is twofold: you have the dialog box blocking part of the display (although you can drag it around to an unimportant place, if there is one). More seriously, about half the time mouseover text is simply not included in the output file. So if you're trying to take a screenshot of the composition of a stack by hovering your mouse over it, it may or may not show up in the file.

Using printscreen to go to a CivScreenShotxxx file always grabs the mouseover text.

Lord Parkin Wrote:I use Photobucket, it works fine for me. And I just use "PrintScreen" as well... far easier than naming every one when there are thousands in your folder built up over the years. lol

It was actually the fact that every time you hit printscreen that it uses the generic name with sequentially increasing numbers at the end that I forgot. I was thinking....next time I hit printscreen it is going to overwrite that file. How do I get it to use a new file name? I had forgotten about the numbers.
Yeah, it's been awhile. LOLduh

For Windows 7 or Vista do Start, Run, then type snippingtool in the Run box and press enter. The snipping tool will let you crop before you save the file.

If you use dropbox just save the file in your public folder, right-click and "Copy Public Link" or whatever it says, then paste the link in your thread using the insert image button. Then gift a stack of catapults to Mao for discretionary use. That's all you have to do smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

We're now at 17.5 real time hours, 14.75 Pitboss hours. At that rate, 21 Pitboss hours would be just under 25 real time hours, and 20 Pitboss hours would be just under 24 real time hours. Still looking good for a 21 hour timer.

Only SleepingMoogle, Team Rome and Team FFH left to finish their turns now.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Lord Parkin Wrote:We're now at 17.5 real time hours, 14.75 Pitboss hours. At that rate, 21 Pitboss hours would be just under 25 real time hours, and 20 Pitboss hours would be just under 24 real time hours. Still looking good for a 21 hour timer.

Only SleepingMoogle, Team Rome and Team FFH left to finish their turns now.
And now it's just Rome. You've all logged in multiple times. It shouldn't be that hard to play your very first turn and end it. smile

Where's the rush? T0 is arguably the most important turn in the game

yuris125 Wrote:Where's the rush? T0 is arguably the most important turn in the game
I'm just being impatient. Anxious to settle my city, put my feet up, and relax. smoke