I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP7 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Well, there are three of us, and your first city is kinda your most important city. wink
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Commodore Wrote:"Could not connect to player HitAnyKey, This player might not have his firewall configured correctly." Then it refuses me and bumps me back. Quid?

*edit, and now it works.
If something on my firewall (ZoneAlarm Security Suite) needs to be configured so that it allows other people to connect while I'm in the game, I would need someone to tell me what settings need to be changed. It's been awhile since I've had to deal with those types of settings. Thanks.

Uninstall Zone Alarm and get Comodo.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Uh... so Rome, you've now founded your city but forgot to end your turn? Come on guys, 17/18 civs have been waiting for 8+ hours, and now this... cry
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Lord Parkin Wrote:Uh... so Rome, you've now founded your city but forgot to end your turn? Come on guys, 17/18 civs have been waiting for 8+ hours, and now this... cry

Look at it as an opportunity to win the Bobchillingworth Award alright
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Lord Parkin Wrote:Uh... so Rome, you've now founded your city but forgot to end your turn? Come on guys, 17/18 civs have been waiting for 8+ hours, and now this... cry

Um, could we stop with that please like right now? Yes there are 3 of us. Yes we all want to take a look around. Yes that might mean that we take the full turn-timer of the first turn. Isn't that the idea of a longer timer? I mean I don't think anyone of us intends to play the timer but at least I certainly won't let myself get rushed by others (and that includes you Lewwyn as well lol)

edit: And as is seems some are indeed serious about that I'll give a serious reply in the words of someone I think knows his stuff

"Man up and live with it"

I have no problem with teams taking the time to discuss things before they make their moves. From Tatan's post above I understood you were just waiting to decide on your city placement.

Tatan Wrote:Well, there are three of us, and your first city is kinda your most important city. wink
You've now founded your first city. Hence, I assumed the missed end of turn was just an oversight. Isn't it? Apparently not, judging from your post... though I'm a bit perplexed as to why.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Well, it would be a spoiler to tell you. But if it makes you more comfortable I can tell you that we won't need nearly as much time for the next 5 turns at least... well, except for discussing scout movements, but that shouldn't take as long.

Serdoa Wrote:Well, it would be a spoiler to tell you. But if it makes you more comfortable I can tell you that we won't need nearly as much time for the next 5 turns at least... well, except for discussing scout movements, but that shouldn't take as long.
Okay then, no problem. I just noticed the city being founded and assumed the lack of an ended turn meant there must have been an oversight.
Lord Parkin

Serdoa Wrote:Yes that might mean that we take the full turn-timer of the first turn. Isn't that the idea of a longer timer?

No, it isn't really. I don't want to get in this fight, but the reason T1 has a long timer and not, say, a critical end-game turn is for connectivity reasons. Now no one made that a rule or anything, but I personally think there's a level of courtesy to end turn before 24 hours and a different level to not go into the bonus T1 time.

Aside from that, can we please take the "hurry up" "make me" "finish faster, you have your city" "we'll play faster next time" to the public thread. This game is unique, in that all discussion is supposed to go there, and it's actually more OK to harass people about ending turn versus past games. In like RBP4 such harassment might be poor form, but here harass away in the appropriate thread and let people decide who's side they support more and if it impacts things in game.

Going forward though, please only post actual IT/connectivity/etc issues here.