Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

RBP7 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I'm having problems connecting this turn. I can get to the civilisation select screen, but after entering my password I lose connection to the host. Any suggestions for fixes I can try?

slowcheetah Wrote:I'm having problems connecting this turn. I can get to the civilisation select screen, but after entering my password I lose connection to the host. Any suggestions for fixes I can try?
No problem for me. Could have been a slow connection, or some other weird issue at that particular time. Just try again later. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Civstats is back up. Slowcheetah is the only one left to play this turn.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Does SlowCheetah get nominated for most ironically named player?
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

He has a valid excuse..

slowcheetah Wrote:I'm having problems connecting this turn. I can get to the civilisation select screen, but after entering my password I lose connection to the host. Any suggestions for fixes I can try?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Slowcheetah, I see from Civstats that you seem to be having trouble connecting again. Is there a specific error message you're getting? Can you provide a screenie of exactly what you're seeing when the problem occurs?

Other than a poor connection on your end, I can't think of anything else that could be wrong. No-one else has had trouble, so it's not on the server's end. You're not trying to play with an earlier version of BTS, or with a mod, are you? (I don't think that would work anyway.)

Are you using the same computer and internet connection that you usually do? Any recent changes?

Perhaps try using a different computer/internet connection, if you can.
Lord Parkin

Is it a mac?
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

It's not a mac, and I've tried fiddling around with my firewall to no effect. However, my whole copy of civ appears to be behaving strangely. After I loaded up my PBEM29g file there was no 'control bar' at the top of the screen and my saved games folder seems to have dissappeared. I'm going to try reinstalling the game and see if that makes a difference. If it makes no difference I'll upload some screenshots of the difficulties.

Hmm, sounds like something could have corrupted your whole installation then. Very weird. At least reinstalling should fix it if that's the problem. smile
Lord Parkin

And now it looks like the Civstats Uploader has timed out. Has anyone notified sunrise about it?