For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

RBP7 IT and Tech Issues Thread

The game appears to be down. Messaging sunrise now.

I can't seem to connect to the game right now, and am about to catch some sleep. If the Civstats timer is accurate, I'll be in time tomorrow to play the turn before it runs out.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah, the game is down. Also messaged Sunrise.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I'll try to get my turn played in the morning if the game is back up, but asking as a pitboss noob here, what happens during a missed turn? I assume any queued worker actions (if any) would execute, and research/commerce/paying the bills would all commence normally, and all units without queued movements would just end turn unmoved. Are any of these assumptions incorrect?

What would happen if a city finished a build and had nothing in the queue? What happens to that turn's production, is it lost?

I'm not sure what other relevant questions to ask, but I'm not planning to miss a turn to find out. smoke

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:I'll try to get my turn played in the morning if the game is back up, but asking as a pitboss noob here, what happens during a missed turn? I assume any queued worker actions (if any) would execute, and research/commerce/paying the bills would all commence normally, and all units without queued movements would just end turn unmoved. Are any of these assumptions incorrect?

What would happen if a city finished a build and had nothing in the queue? What happens to that turn's production, is it lost?

I'm not sure what other relevant questions to ask, but I'm not planning to miss a turn to find out. smoke

Everything you said in the first section is correct. As for the if a build is finished with no queue...that's the only one I can't fully recall. But that's also why I always try to have something in the build queue even if I change it later.

Oh, and I won't be needing a sub this weekend. Running the game from my external USB HD from my work laptop that I'll have with me works out just fine. So I'll be able to play my turns while I'm away.

Pretty sure cities without anything in the build queue lose their production for that turn. Sucks a bit, but it makes a lot of sense if you think about the potential exploits. If you actually accumulated unspent hammers, then everyone would just permanently leave their cities building nothing (i.e. hammers that can be spent on anything), then only switch to an item when they want to finish something (unit/building/wonder). The game would quickly break down. wink

I believe the same is true for unspent beakers, at least in simultaneous multiplayer. That or the game chooses something at random for the beakers to go into. Too lazy to double check at the moment... but the basic rule of thumb is don't leave things unqueued. And try not to miss turns. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Still down I suppose just tried to log with no success.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Lewwyn Wrote:Still down I suppose just tried to log with no success.
Yeah, Sunrise isn't around at the moment apparently. Would have been mid-morning on a weekday for him when it went down I think, so perhaps no surprise. smile
Lord Parkin

Hammers are lost, but beakers go into a tech, I think the one on the far left at the top of the screen but maybe the AI actually chooses one for you.

Lord Parkin Wrote:Yeah, Sunrise isn't around at the moment apparently. Would have been mid-morning on a weekday for him when it went down I think, so perhaps no surprise. smile

I got an email back from Sunrise around midnight (but I was already in bed). See below:

"Thanks. If you have a chance feel free to post in the thread that I have a tech coming out on Friday, but I think I'll have a temporary fix tomorrow morning that may or may not last.

-sunrise"