For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] SleepingMoogle's thread, better late than never.

I can't complain about the frequency so far. smile

Not too much is happening right now. The Wheel has finished, and Pottery research has started. In the meantime, I'm getting ready to found a third city (to be planted towards the northeast of the capital) and hoping to contact some other Civs with my Woody II scout.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Hi there

[Image: T052.jpg]

I'm currently training a Settler who'll settle just west of the picture, which makes this the likely candidate for number 4. smile
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Thats a nice citysite the barbs have there.

Note to self: when making plans to expand borders with a Monument, make sure to research Mysticism. shhh

City 3 (TwoRaxAllIn) has been founded on the tile NW-W of where the Warrior is in the above picture. Vandal will fall next turn and bring up the total to 4. Then it's time to train some more Work.. er.. SCV's and build a Library to get a fast Academy. smile

City 5 will go west towards the Horse resource there, but I'll need some more military to comfortably hold it.

A little overview shot. It's probably getting cropped, but ah well.

[Image: T063.jpg]

Okay, that actually doesn't look too bad in the preview. smile

Research is finally kicking off now that the floodplains around Sixpool are getting cottaged. I'm not quite sure where to go after Mysticism finishes.. Organized Religion for a Judaism grab would be cool, but someone else is bound to get there first and Masonry/Poly aren't giving me any immediate benefits. So that leaves a continuation along the upper part of the tree to Math and Currency (maybe Alphabet too for Spies) to reach Code of Laws.

Sixpool is making progress on a Library. Once it finishes I'll run two Scientists to leverage Philosophical into an early Academy. Bunker Rush is my main hammer and military city, churning out Workers and units which benefit from its Barracks. TwoRaxAllIn wasn't really intended to be much more than a filler city, but if the grasslands surrounding it are cottaged, it won't be a net loss, whereas DT Play will end up as another commerce city. They just need a border pop and some Worker attention. I miss having early access to border expansions. Two cities can really do with one, and I'm kind of set into chopping out a Monument in one, and whipping a Library in the other. Neither of which is particularly fast.

To the north east, my Scout has found what looks to be Elkad's borders (just the outline, contact can't happen until next turn), but ended up next to a Barb Warrior. He's Woody 2 on a forested hill, so it will be a bit of a coin flip, so fingers crossed on that one.

I look forward to the day when 'Archon Toilet' is founded.
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

There is a difference between cheese and something beautiful and magical smile

I kind of have to agree with Nicolae on that one. Besides, there's far, far more cheese plays still available to last for a good while to come. smile

didn't realize this was cheese specific naming smile

I've been seeing a lot of SCVs in my base lately!
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

Crap, I accidentally hit the whip button while mousing over it. bang