For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] SleepingMoogle's thread, better late than never.

SleepingMoogle Wrote:Sixpool
Bunker Rush
TwoRaxAllIn
DT Play
Void Rays
Proxy Pylon
Four Gate
One One One

I think that's all of them. smile

As for what's going on.. I'm not sure I know myself. I'm building up to something, but I'm expecting it to fall flat on its face. lol

whats with the mystery? You haven't posted in a month, feel free to give us a bigger nugget of info wink
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Hmm, how about I'm preparing to do some Hellion harass at an enemy expo but fear that he already transitioned into the mid-game? smile

I'm training Banelings as well.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

So what you are saying is that you've covered this thread in a mothership?
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

I don't understand your secret code frown

@Bigger: the mothership has a cloaking field. Whatever you put under it is invisible.
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

what game is this terminology from?

Specifically, Starcraft 2, although a couple of the city names were valid terms in Starcraft or Starcraft: BroodWar
--

hmm, I've logged thousands of hours of starcraft 1, but its been awhile. My comp couldn't handle SC2 lol

Well, Pidicator finally decided to invade for real. I'll probably keep him occupied for a while but I don't see any reason for him not to take over my cities eventually. My only Horse resource was severed through a double move before I was aware of the attack, and even if I were to connect Iron I don't have anything to build with it except Swords.

I never held any illusion that I would win this game, but still should have realized at the start that some signups were going to take this game far more competitively than was intended and pulled out then. Updates in this thread have been few and far in between, but that's probably the best indicator that I never considered any real strategy beyond a handful of in-game signs to remind me of stuff between turns. There were never any micro plans, or long-term ones for that matter. And I doubt any turn except maybe the last two took me more than 10-15 minutes to complete.

Based on the activity of some threads and the public diplo one, I'm fairly convinced several teams are spending on the order of several magnitudes more time and effort in this game. Pin may be one of them, so maybe with my land he'll be able to challenge LP. I'm sure that would be more interesting for the current state of the game, and definitely more fun for you guys and gals to lurk.

I lost interest around turn 50 when the clock games and double move cheese started and the diplo thread turned into a big lovefest to milk information. Yeah, I know that technically no one's broken the rules for this game, but for a Pitboss that was to be a none-too-serious AW slugfest, the degree in which some are exploiting everything for maximum benefit just rubbed me the wrong way and left a bad taste in my mouth since.

I'll probably see some of you again in the upcoming demogame, so until then. smile
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw