Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Welcome to Realms Beyond Civilization!

(February 7th, 2023, 13:44)Tarkeel Wrote: Once upon a time there was a basic "Realms Beyond" mod, which has morped into RtR, available close to where Mjmd pointed you.

Back in the days was called Krill mod, but krill didnt like that.

It was disrespectful to everyone else who contributed to the mod, the design and implementation.

If I were to go back to RtR it would basically be to give it a once over so it was suitable for random games like PB64 and PB69. That was not what it was originally designed for but it's basically best at. I doubt anyone is interested in that though.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(March 3rd, 2023, 05:33)Krill Wrote: It was disrespectful to everyone else who contributed to the mod, the design and implementation.

If I were to go back to RtR it would basically be to give it a once over so it was suitable for random games like PB64 and PB69. That was not what it was originally designed for but it's basically best at. I doubt anyone is interested in that though.

Thanks, Krill, and everyone else who replied.
Soli Deo gloria

Do people still play pbems or just pitboss? To me pbem seems less stressful as you don't have to log in every day or miss your turn. CFC pbems seem to have dies out almost completely.

Last one was the oldtimer Pbem a couple years ago.

Any Pbem that runs at a much slower pace than a Pitboss with 48h timer (or so) will die off anyway.

I think sequential Pitboss ended up replacing PBEM since you get a lot of the same benefits, plus Ramk/Zulan’s hosting and related utilities, without having to deal with the email forwarding and turn tracker yourselves.

Plus I can not spy on you in a PBEM.  mischief
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I was beating the sequential-Pitboss drum as far back as 2013 smile

In all fairness we had very different pitboss hosting arrangements compared to now.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

I think what sequential needed for adoption was the ability to switch between the two PB modes
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee